Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
This poll is closed.
Yuko 12 66.67%
Momo 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I know the show focuses pretty heavily on what a tragic life Yuko is having, but I think they'll take some time later to show you how rough Momo's life has been. She spend her whole childhood focusing on magical girl battles, and she doesn't have any fond memories of that. She lost her family at some point. I don't think she ever got a chance to figure out how to live like a regular person, and she has no one to teach her. Did you see that lunch she brought to school? It was just some bread and uncooked hot dogs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Did the dog bark in this episode? I'm pretty sure the dog has barked at least once in every episode so far.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Does anyone know how many episodes there will be?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Hogama posted:

the subs are pretty messy at times

There are fansubs by Mad le Zisell that drastically clean up the formatting.

Hogama posted:

In addition to the subtle broken arm episodic thing, I liked Momo going from promise of steak to reading recipes in the store to her failed attempt in the fridge.

The next secret subplot is figuring out what kind of demon Yuko is, because I have a feeling it will become relevant pretty soon.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I can't believe Momo just crafted a magic homonculus daughter for her and Yuko.

At this rate, it won't be long until Momo is forcing Yuko to try on wedding dresses for some mysterious, unknown reason.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I'm loving the deluge of plot right now, but I'm gonna need them to explain how the first episode makes any sense. Seiko gave her kid a fork and told her to go murderize a magical girl. Seiko must have known about Momo already, and she must have known that Yuko had no chance of winning that fight.

Some other stuff seems odd, too. Seiko already had a list of potential demon titles for Yuko, as if she already knew that Yuko would wake up with horns. Also, this whole time, it seems like someone used their dream powers to incept the idea into Momo that she should be nice to Yuko and make her stronger. Maybe Seiko got help from someone on the demon directory and set everything in motion?

Homura and Sickle posted:

I really liked that episode and what they did with the back story. Also the cat being the metatron basically confirmed what ive assumed since it was revealed lilith was alive since antiquity, is that she us the lilith from biblical apocrypha

There are a bunch of biblical names out there. Anri's full name is Sata Anri (Satan). Oruga Sion is Gusion, the teacher is Azazel. Also, the dad box has a few characters of Hebrew script on the corner, spelling out the Hebrew word for 'Treasure'.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Dzhay posted:

I'm also going to need any and all fanart of hypothetical darkside Momo.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
The manga translating guys are churning through the 4koma at full speed. If you go looking, you can find non-typeset translations on 4chan up through chapter 47. Seems like they're being typeset and thrown up on mangadex at about a chapter a day.

Don't skip chapter 27 just because it seems like the anime covered it. There's a bit of new stuff at the end that you definitely don't want to miss.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyM3B2fiN_U

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Dzhay posted:

Chinese, huh? Shamiko brings the whole world together.

(China is full of weebs, I'm more surprised by the song)

I was thinking about this, and I realized that this Chinese memelord has an mp3 on his hard drive of people singing about being gay. China bans all LGBT content, so having that illicit content in his possession could get him into trouble, or at maybe just diminish his social credit score. We should all bow down before such devotion to shitposting.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
There's even more coming. There are certain points in the story where the author just cuts the break line and goes full speed into Plotville.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

skaianDestiny posted:

I want to get into this series since it seems cute and gay, what subs did you all use?

The fansubs by Mad le Zisell take the official subs and add massive improvements to the text formatting.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Tummy touching is peak Machikado Mazoku.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Nate RFB posted:

How far along are the raws at this point?

Raws go up to chapter 68. You can read non-typeset translations up to chapter 56 if you don't mind dumpster diving through 4chan.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Mangadex is back up with different domain, and chapter 52 is up! This is the finale for volume 4.

https://mangadex.cc/chapter/780382/1

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Lico kinda seems like the final boss. Shamiko is always desparate to be seen as a worthy rival for Momo, but meanwhile, Lico is contantly owning Momo with nearly lethal force. Maybe it's like a rock-paper-scissors thing, and Shamiko could easily defeat Lico if she wanted to.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Xelkelvos posted:

Where's the Shamiko falls to Light speculative fanart though?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://twitter.com/pt4835pt/status/1243825297557880832?s=19

The next issue of Kirara Carat will have Machikado Mazoku on the cover. This most likely means an announcement of some kind is incoming.

(it could just be another event for their gacha game)

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

fruit facts

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Syritta posted:

When do you think it's going to get to explaining alchemy girl's deal? The comic's been dropping a lot of hints.

The next arc focuses on her quite a bit. You can find non-typeset translations up to chapter 70, which is everything published so far.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
New Chapter! You aren't ready for it.

Also, that new issue of Kirara Carat came out yesterday. Machikado Mazoku was on the cover, but there wasn't any new announcement.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Omnicrom posted:

Why yes series, I would like to an academic paper on the history of Medieval Japanese Magical Girls.

There should have been a translation note on that. In the anime industry, they use the loan work 'bank' to refer to stock footage. Ito wrote out a word that is pronounced 'banku', but the characters mean 'good luck poem'. Then she writes up a huge explanation about how magical girls use 'banku' (stock footage) to transform. It's just one big bi-lingual pun.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Upset at people not liking Momo's Roller skates

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Agronox posted:

I was hoping to see Fresh Peach Chokeslam

There was that time at the zoo, when she gave Lico the business. Then Lico poisoned her for fun.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Agronox posted:

Anyone have a link? Sounds interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBRwxOGGWNtX6pxTHt9H1Zg/featured

Her vtuber character is basically Momo x Lilith.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
One more chapter to go, then they'll be caught up with everything published. Then you'll have to wait for monthly releases.

I need a season 3 just so I can hear that song.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/pro..._eid=b9b529e165

English blu-rays coming September 1st, pre-orders are available now.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
The new chapter has dropped, it will find it's way onto Mangadex eventually.

It will be a couple months until the next chapter. Ito went the the doctor and found out she's starting to get glaucoma, and is taking a month off.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://sevenseasentertainment.com/2020/07/03/seven-seas-delivers-magic-to-fans-with-license-of-the-demon-girl-next-door-manga-series/

Seven Seas Entertainment posted:

Yoshida Yuko was living a perfectly normal (if poverty-stricken) life, but at the age of fifteen, she suddenly sprouts demon horns and a tail! Her mother explains that she’s actually a demon named Shadow Mistress Yuko, once sealed away and cursed so that her family would remain poor for generations.

MINIMAL OPTIMISM

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Unless I've been duped, the cover for the next issue of Kirara Carat comfirms that season 2 is coming.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://twitter.com/machikado_staff/status/1298998894378942467?s=21

The official MM twitter has confirmed it for real. Also, the new manga chapter should be releasing very soon.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Hola, Shamigos! I hope you're all enjoying Shamiko's birthday today.

A new chapter has been published. It's a weird, short, spinoff chapter, so it should be translated pretty soon. Ito also made this other thing, a thinly veiled look into her own professional life right now. I found a roughly typeset translation of it, so here you go.

In other news, Kirara has launched some kind of facebook page with english manga translations. They aren't using licensed translations, the typesetting is awful, and it's only on facebook. Who knows what they were thinking. You can read the first volume of Machikado Mazoku there if you want.

Finally, Ito has provided input on some new swimsuit figurines.

You can see pictures of the figurines in the tweet, but I woudn't consider them to be safe for work.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Ito deserves some kind of trophy for foreshadowing. With every new plot point that gets revealed, you can go back and find hints leading up to it since the beginning.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Elfface posted:

Turns out, that muck Shamiko cleaned away was the lingering melon-witch essence all along. Big villain defeated before her intro.

Because Shamiko always does her best.

The muck was explained by Lilith when Shamiko was trying to dig up her old memories.

But people have gone back to the show and noticed that whenever Momo's peachy icons are fluttering around, one of them has an eye, and one has a little face. I guess one is Metako and maybe the other is Suika.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Mangadex may be down, but speedscans never die.

https://guya.moe/proxy/imgur/mzO7Oqr/1/1/

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
The new 3 week old chapter is finally translated.

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/3LL6XmK/1/1/

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://twitter.com/machikado_staff/status/1407987144447115266

Season 2 will broadcast in April 2022.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Super Jay Mann posted:

The hidden door was in the kitchen cabinet all along. That's why Momo never found it, because she never cooks :allears:

This image can be found in the bonus features on the Japanese blu-ray.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
They also dropped (nearly) full versions of the new OP end ED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoBiUWr1kPc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S