Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
This poll is closed.
Yuko 12 66.67%
Momo 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
In a world where magical girls can lift the heaviest dumbbells imaginable...

Only one girl, descended from a long line of demons, can stand against the tyranny of the "$400 rent a month" curse inflicted on her family by the Light Clan centuries ago...

One lone demon girl, on a quest to kill and drain the blood of a magical girl to complete a passage of ritualistic sacrifice. And her name is...

... Shadow Mistress Yuko.

This season, watch what critics are calling "The most engaging drama of the year", "The number one action comedy of the century", and "The greatest reflection of my relationship with my girlfriend"...

(otehrwise called "the demon girl next door", available on vrv)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my belief is that yuko will win because she will get a tall girlfriend

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
monster of the week fight, the damage devastated the property value

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like that for the first three eps he was like "this is a show about shamiko defeating a magical girl, i think" and now he's like "i guess this might be a show about shamiko hanging out with her buddy and growing as a person"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well, next week yuko is diving into her dreams i guess, so if there's any time to go into that stuff...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
having fancier animation would be nice but if the writing sticks the landing on all the stuff it's been working towards it won't really bother me that much

show has some engaging moving parts for something that was set up as a fluffy gag comedy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway i think everyone's forgetting the real star of the episode

live chicks n' jive tricks wahoo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
most of the time momo's just kind of pushing her into doing stuff that legitimately helps her a bit but the end of the latest ep is kinda just her pressuring her lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm curious where they're going from here because there's been, a whole lot more forward progression through any kind of actual plot than i expected

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/DUNTV/status/1163031457150861312

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like how much momo's line about "i think the person who's having to hide things from their family has things the hardest" hints at, her own relationship with her own family as a magical girl

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope this does well enough to get another season or something because i like where it's building up but it's also very "having to make an original ending in the middle of manga content" lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the ending was pretty good. it seems like this anime's done a lot for the notability of the manga so hopefully that means they'll get to do another season down the line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
one of the authors of akuma no riddle made a machikado yuri doujin

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_story_of_shamiko_spending_the_night_at_momos_house