Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
+1 to the list of "read a bunch of this poo poo in high school/college" pile. Been years since I read any of my old books that are packed away in storage, save for my well-worn copy of The Legend of Huma by none other than the WoW Lore Thread's favorite author punching bag, Richard A. Knaak.

I'm both looking forward to and dreading seeing where this thread ends up going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

IIRC, when Weis and Hickman handed over the reins to write, like, Darksword or whatever they told TSR, "Here you go, run with it, but please keep your drat hands off of all these things which are supposed to remain mysteries forever. #1: Huma and his legend. #2..."

And what's the first DL novel TSR releases that's not by Weis and Hickman? You guessed it...

Given the adversarial relationship Weis and Hickman had with TSR regarding Lord Soth and Ravenloft, this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Also, The Legend of Huma and all of Knaak's stuff involving minotaurs ruled, and I will die on this hill. Fight me.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

This is also the origin of kender, and I believe gully dwarves as well.

Kender, yes. Gully dwarves were the result of gnomes and dwarves interbreeding, which adds a whole new layer of unintentional :yikes: to the whole mess.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Mormons are real fuckin' weird about "interbreeding".

I said "unintentional" because I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. I guess I should've known better. :sigh:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

If I remember right, that one was "Colors of Belief" by Richard A. Knaak, in the "Reign of Istar" volume of the Tales anthologies.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong! :downs:

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 24, 2019