Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Hell yes, I am totally here for these. Dragons of Spring Dawning was my introduction to D&D, I stayed up all night reading it and got my mom to cut my hair into a topknot and call me Tas for years. I was like 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rhandhali posted:

I had the companion books they made - Leaves From the Inn of the Last Home and More Leaves From the Inn of the Last Home. More songs, more (probably terrible) poetry and recipes. Many recipes. I'll see if I can't dig them up somewhere. Always tried to get my mom to cook the spiced potatoes but could never get her to go along with it.

As I was a giant nerd, I got my mom to make the spiced gingerbread pudding from More Leaves once. It's really good. Like good enough that it got copied out of the Dragonlance book and into her regular recipe collection and served to other people.

@Xiahou Dun: Shave the sides and then make a high ponytail at the top.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Dragonlance actually predates Forgotten Realms as an official published setting, it should be noted. TSR bought the Realms from Ed because they wanted a new setting to put products in that was less complicated than Dragonlance, and wasn't burdened by their ongoing litigation with Gygax.