Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001
Yellow fever kills 20-30% of people who get it. It may be pretty rare but you definitely don't want it. Realistically if you went crazy on the Deet, Permethrin on clothing, and being very vigilant the entire trip you could probably reduce your risk to something vanishingly small but it's nice to know when you do inevitably get careless and get lit up by mosquitoes that it's not going to be a fatal mistake.

I'm pretty sure they'll all let you in if you're traveling straight from a non-Yellow Fever endemic country, but if you are going from one YF endemic nation to another the second will probably not let you in without the card. I can't recall really being asked for the card in Uganda, though I usually just handed it over with my passport so I don't know if they would have asked for it if I hadn't done that.

edit: From a quick scan of several websites they're saying Uganda is currently requiring the card to get in. Just get the shot. You are presumably spending a silly amount of money to get to Africa and pay for tours and permits to see cool animals. This isn't that much more. Get the shot that guarantees you can get in and won't die a painful death from your organs turning to liquid.

Also if you happen to get a random flu and show up at immigration looking sickly they could turn you away if you can't produce a yellow card and show them it can't be yellow fever. They were taking temperatures when I got to the airport at Entebbe though that was outgoing.

Kase Im Licht fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU