Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Is it just me or are nails looking very weird in this show? Like all characters have this perfect manicure and pink polish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

theGrooseofLegend posted:

I hope the show proves the pedo wrong in the end.

I doubt they would make him be right, he's not shown in good light at all. Milo-sensei&Hongo seems more likely to end in disaster :( Well, maybe not end but they're moving on a very thin line. I really hope next ep will say something definitive about both of these guys or at least stop shoving creepiness into our faces for once

Anybody knows how many episodes left?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
The scene when Hongo hears some guys talking about her writing was so cute. I remember when I read one of my stories publicly for the first time. Gosh, that was exausting and exhilarating at the same time.

Can't wait for Hongo's novel written out of sheer frustration :allears:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Btw, I don't know how popular The Little Prince is in America, or wherever you guys are, but I had it as an obligatory reading assignment at least once when I was like 11-13 and read a couple times. So when the creep called Niina being like "Hey, check out this fancy book I've got here, it's called "The Little Prince"", I laughed. I laughed a lot.

Hey, does anybody know what foreign literature Japanese students read at school?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I said "literature" though. I wouldn't be surprised if Back to the Future was based on a book but it doesn't seem to be. And I've never heard of Dog of Flanders, so there you go.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Omg, the Moomin :neckbeard: The anime adaptation hosed me up so hard when I was a kid

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
If there's one thing this series makes me certain of is that we are in desperate need of obligatory sex-ed classes.

Also I keep forgetting how old these guys are supposed to be when they're blushing holding hands.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I think that hostage situation twist isn't that bad. There is some bad air between them, so thanks to teamwork and newly acquired powers of sex they will (hopefully) resolve their problems while freeing Sonezaki. It's definitely more of a grand finale than I expected, but the show was getting a bit stale and hopeless lately, so that's a welcome change. But yeah, the ending probably will be a bit underwhelming (I just hope Momo'll be okay :qq: )

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I quite enjoyed the show overall but I don't think it'll stay with me for long. It really had a lot of potential though

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Cuntellectual posted:

Well, overall, it was alright. Kinda feel like it didn't do as much as it could've, but oh well.

I'm probably the only person who likes Nina by the end.

Anyone read the manga? How does it compare?

From what I've read of the manga, it's even better. It has gorgeous art and neat panelling. And I feel like a lot of comedic scenes are also better there. But unfortunately scanlations stopped at chapter 17 (which is more or less halfway through the series)

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Since when the scanlations stop with the official release? :D

Also, I'm not English, so that complicates things a bit

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I stand corrected. Maybe I don't read enough niche stuff but it never happened to me before, that's why I was surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I would add Utena to that list and other things by Kunihiko Ikuhara too. Also heard that a lot of Clamp's series have lgbt undertones, even though they don't focus on romance.