Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

This is like a less trashy version of Big Mouth and I'm down with that. I just finished rewatching Kaguya-sama and need another fix of people being dumb and awkward around each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm getting the feeling that Sugawara and Izumi are gonna become an item, and Kazusa's character arc is going to be dealing with that. Maybe even coming to the realization that the kind of love that she's feeling for Izumi isn't necessarily a romantic love.

I hope that Sonezaki's story is just a normal adorable romance story to contrast against the more complicated situations the other club members are in. She was totally expecting it to play out like a shojo manga in her head with Amagi reading it later, but then he messed it all up by reading it right away and turning it into even more of a shojo manga. His lovely writing and her corrections were great.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

"That's not the smell of youth, that's paint thinner!" made me laugh way more than it should have.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

oh no niina what are you doing

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Milo seems to have something going on with the lady teacher, and I'm wondering if Hongo is gonna screw it up in the worst possible way that will make Yamagishi wish he could have just nipped the whole thing in the bud instead of continuing to humor her.

Depending on how this resolved I might want to check out more of Mari Okada's work, if anyone has suggestions. I'm definitely interested in awkward trainwrecks of poor decision making where I can't look away, which seems to be her thing?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone, good to know there's a lot of different stuff to look into.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Sonezaki is the frikken best, and I hope she lightens up and becomes friends with the cool girl in her class.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Apparently it's bad decisions week.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Droyer posted:

This ep was pretty heavy, usually there's more comedy to break up the drama.

I dunno, Milo choosing the shittiest, cheapest love hotel was a pretty solid powermove. And in the end he won with the strongest technique of all that Hongo never accounted for.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Yeah. I guess student privacy isn't really a thing in Japan? The teacher going "she dropped out 'cause she got knocked up" was kinda messed up to me and would never fly here.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Of all the ways I was anticipating this show to end, I gotta say a hostage situation wasn't one of them.

Sonezaki and Amagi continue to be the best, and having them of all people end up as scapegoats is a brilliant way to spur things towards the climax. I'm really happy she's grown as a person so as to understand the way Jujou is being treated is bullshit.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Oooh yeah, can't wait.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Best option would be Saegusa, but from reading the room it seems like Okada doesn't do endings that are completely satisfying for our protagonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I thought the ending was decent, and I'm glad we got to see how Jujou is doing. Her baby daddy looks so uncomfortable in their picture.

I wonder if Milo's told Tomita about the whole Hongo thing.