Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
This is a thread for Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo.

Director: Masahiro Andou (who also directed Hanasaku Iroha, but is enough of a veteran in the industry to have done key frames on NGE and Bebop)
Writer: Mari Okada

On the VA side there's a bit of a reunion between Kurosawa Tomoyo and Anzai Chika (Kumiko and Reina from Hibike Euphonium, respectively).

It is a coming-of-age sex comedy streaming on HIDIVE every Friday. It's been pretty good so far!

Agronox fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Quote isn't edit!

So I made some changes to the OP, and if anyone has anything else worth noting let me know.

In the meantime, a screencap from a heartwarming scene:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Wark Say posted:

So it's basically the writer/director team from AnoHana again? I'm game.

Not really, closer to the Hanasaku Iroha team (the director here directed it, and Okada did some script work on it).

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
This continues to be the most interesting of the shows I'm watching this season. I'm a little wary of the Hongou plotline, though. Wonder where that will end up.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
What are you doing Hongou.

Why have you not called the police Sugawara.

Nice scene with Sonezaki on the roof. Good for them!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Three other things I wanted to mention: "a guy should treat a girl, so you only need to kick in $10 toward your $12 meal" was great, as was Kazusa getting flustered from Izumi's sexy bowling. The shittiness of some of the key frames this week was disappointing though.

Clitch posted:

Momo being gay for Kazusa is the truth until it's proven otherwise.

You should hear how she talks about Sugawara, then, and how she looks at her in the opening credits!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
“Are You There, Boys? It’s Me, Horny”

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Given that this episode was a little light on the jokes, I was expecting Izumi to fall out of the window.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Coxswain Balls posted:

I'm definitely interested in awkward trainwrecks of poor decision making where I can't look away, which seems to be her thing?

Mayoiga is a trainwreck in several ways that I nevertheless found entertaining.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mister Olympus posted:

Everything about Mayoiga was 100% intentional and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Well the story was by Okada and it was directed by the same guy who did Shirobako and GuP. It's definitely intentional. It still doesn't really work, but it's fun.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That was not exactly enthusiastic Izumi but good job Kazusa!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Man, that last plot development is really, really dumb. And there's about six other interesting storylines I'd prefer they wrap up in the next 24 minutes. :mad:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Paracelsus posted:

The show hasn't been bad, but it never fully lived up to the level of expectation set by the first episode.

I'd amend that to the first 2-3 episodes, but yeah. It's a tough genre, to be fair. I hope they can stick the landing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Yeah, there were some good gags here, and I 100% appreciate them ending on a sex joke, but I don’t think it holds together well. It was worth watching but (in my mind anyway) totally didn’t live up to the promise of the first three eps or so.