Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha I love boxing judging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

do the floyd rematch in that bare knuckle thing imo

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Good fight at least

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
"I'm getting hard for my opponent" was a quality opening line

edit: classy postfight by Thurman. I liked that.

i can still taste him fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 21, 2019

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah I'll be interested in watching this again. The commentators are highlighting Manny's movement which was phenomenal but one thing I took away was just his decision making from moment to moment. A lot of old guys get gun-shy, but Manny was a lot faster than even younger fighters at just going in when he sees an opening.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

thurman taking the defeat well. was afraid he was gonna do a broner

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Not surprised that Pacquiao won (Thurman’s not the same guy he was 2-3 years ago), shocked they actually gave him the decision.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Good fight. Thurman is still a legit fighter I would favour against every welter other than Spence and Crawford. Pacquiao is amazing.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

For actual commentary these are all reasonable scorecards other than I that I'd really struggle to give Thurman round 12.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 21, 2019

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My scorecard was identical to Cheatham's. There seemed to be a moment in the sixth round where suddenly the distances clicked for Thurman and he found a place where he could attack Manny but still react to the ambushes. Around the ninth round I was genuinely wondering how the judges scored some of the closer rounds in the first half of the fight, because I had it 5-1 Manny + knockdown and if the judges had it any closer Manny was in trouble. Thurman getting caught to the body probably cost him the fight, it halted his momentum and reset the fight dynamic at the first possible time. He looked really jittery to me coming into the 12th with a lot of nervous energy, like he was really feeling the pressure of a "must win" round that probably wasn't enough to save him from losing either way.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Can I just chime in this thread and say that Manny does the most good for his people when not being a senator. Crime rate went down (and even became zero in some places) yesterday because everyone was watching the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Quillin Angulo was shockingly great