Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
One of the things I like about the Dragonfall campaign is that when Lofwyr shows up at the end to berate you for your actions you can tell him to his face "you got a problem with what we did to Feuerschwinge ? Then come have a go, fucko" or words to that effect.

And he does, and you all die, but god drat does it feel good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Whybird posted:

One of the things I like about the Dragonfall campaign is that when Lofwyr shows up at the end to berate you for your actions you can tell him to his face "you got a problem with what we did to Feuerschwinge ? Then come have a go, fucko" or words to that effect.

And he does, and you all die, but god drat does it feel good.

Question (note that I have not yet seen the end of Dragonfall, obvious title aside)

1) If the heroes have the ability to gently caress up Feuerschwinge, why do they not also have the ability to at least make Lofwyr at least wary enough not to attack them lightly due to a simply remark made in bravado.

2) How is it that Lofwyr can change from human form into dragon (I presume) super quickly but this other, "good" great dragon needed to be protected for quite a while in order to have time to switch?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Dramatic tension pretty much. Although I'm sure you could make an argument she was wounded and needed time to heal. But at the same time it was pretty much just dramatic tension from the get go.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Just to note, we should still keep stuff regarding the Dragonfall ending under wraps.

Now, I must admit I don't know that much about the power levels of the different dragons, but for some reason I have it in my head that Lofwyr is a cut above your average Great Dragon (which, say, Hestaby is) After all, Lofwyr straight up killed Nachtmeister, who I'm also seeing listed as a Great Dragon.

He probably would've totally taken the chance to snuff out Hestaby in her human form, but after she turned into a dragon, she probably turned into more of a headache than Lofwyr was willing to deal with - after all, just capping dragons openly (what a fight with dragon Hestaby would've been) is not good PR with other dragons.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lofy's got the BIG BRAIN ORB too iirc so he's the strongest dragon, or is at least considered as such by the other dragons if they're willing to let him keep it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

In pen and paper shifting form takes as long as casting a spell, making a melee attack or firing a long burst with a gun. Doesn't matter if it's shifting by spell or magical power. :eng101:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Grapplejack posted:

Lofy's got the BIG BRAIN ORB too iirc so he's the strongest dragon, or is at least considered as such by the other dragons if they're willing to let him keep it.

I think he ended up giving it to Dunklezahn's chosen successor eventually, but only because he respected Dunk enough.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

wiegieman posted:

I think he ended up giving it to Dunklezahn's chosen successor eventually, but only because he respected Dunk enough.

His will is a work of art and should be mandatory reading for grade school children.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

JustJeff88 posted:

His will is a work of art and should be mandatory reading for grade school children.

Very Dragonly, he was thrilled with the idea that he could plot and scheme even from beyond the grave.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Lofwyr was also the Loremaster of the Great Dragon council until he stepped down at the end of 5th, IIRC, which serves as a sort of leader of the Greats. His last decision involved stripping Hestaby of her horde and lair at Mt Shasta (relevant to the end of this campaign) because she went to the UN to condemn one of their own, Sirrugg, as a war criminal for his rampage across Aztlan following the execution and dissection of Dzbaltchen. Taking Great Dragon politics outside of their own circle is very much frowned upon.

Also, Lofwyr headed up an alliance of 2 other Great Dragons; Lung, the overlord of most of the most powerful Triad group in China, and Arleesh, the second most influential dragon of South Africa, to take out his brother Alamais, who was indiscriminately snacking on metahumanity in GeMiTo (the Genoa-Milan-Torino sprawl) as part of his open dragon supremacist philosophy, during the end of 4th Ed. He had enough favors to get those two Greats to back his play, so he def has a lot of influence amongst his own kind, on top of owning the biggest megacorp in the Sixth World.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GhostStalker posted:

His last decision involved stripping Hestaby of her horde and lair at Mt Shasta (relevant to the end of this campaign) because she went to the UN to condemn one of their own, Sirrugg, as a war criminal for his rampage across Aztlan following the execution and dissection of Dzbaltchen. Taking Great Dragon politics outside of their own circle is very much frowned upon.

Wasn't that a 'Just as planned' for Hestaby, though? Now she's free to do stuff on her own, unconstrained by politics.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

All Shadowrun adventures seem incredibly eager to have you deal with a dragon.

Oh yeah, "Tophet" means Inferno. Forgot to mention this back when it was relevant, and it turned out that the closest thing this campaign has to an arch-nemesis is... kinda irrelevant, really.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Xander77 posted:

All Shadowrun adventures seem incredibly eager to have you deal with a dragon.
The best AAR on a SR Campaign that involved Dragons that I ever saw/read was one where the party had developed such a reputation that they were allowed to know that they were being bit pawns in the Great Game of Dragons, and that they were completely outclassed. But they got to see that the board even existed, which is far more than most peons got.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Question for the thread, if anyone is still around that is: The various Shadowrun games are on sale right now on Steam but, while I already own them all on GOG, I am considering buying them regardless as I feel like I am going to miss out on a lot of good mod content having only the GOG versions. As I understand it, basically all of the quality mods are Steam workshop and not compatible with other versions. Any thoughts? I'm not sure if this is a founded worry or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

JustJeff88 posted:

Question for the thread, if anyone is still around that is: The various Shadowrun games are on sale right now on Steam but, while I already own them all on GOG, I am considering buying them regardless as I feel like I am going to miss out on a lot of good mod content having only the GOG versions. As I understand it, basically all of the quality mods are Steam workshop and not compatible with other versions. Any thoughts? I'm not sure if this is a founded worry or not.

There's steamworkshopdownloader.io, which lets you direct download from the workshop. Nexus also has some of the workshop mods mirrored on there. As far as I can tell/have experienced, the mods work fine for the GOG version as well. I don't think you need to rebuy them?