Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Is there any way to play these mods with GOG versions of these games? I have them all on GOG, but only Returns on Steam.

In other news, I have no class preference because I don't know enough to make an informed decision. Also, Kanfy should update more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

habeasdorkus posted:

My common refrain is that we're already in a cyberpunk dystopia, it's just a really loving boring one.

I'm with you, and that's why it's hard for me to read Shadowrun LPs even though they are very well done... I just see too many blood-chilling parallels to what is really happening. It's all the bad things without the mysticism, spirituality and technological advances that could in theory be used for the betterment of human kind.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Fun update, but I think that you have a misplaced photo. It's the line where Dorbi says "It's up to you"; I think that that line is supposed to be Kami.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

TheMcD posted:

It flows a bit weirdly, but that's how it is.

I stand corrected.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Sydin posted:

Thanks all. Looks like its $15 on GOG so I'll pick it up when I get home tonight

Isn't it the case that these mods featured here are incompatible with the GOG versions?

(genuine question)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Some thoughts:

1) The dragon - hell, both dragons - were about the loudest Deus Ex Machina imaginable.

2) I know very little of Shadowrun lore. Is Tir basically a bunch of elves who were persecuted and decided that the sensible reaction to this exclusion was to kill everyone else who isn't an elf?

3) I'm sad that we never had the chance to shoot Amelia in the head... with a gun bought from her.

4) Norton rules

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Whybird posted:

One of the things I like about the Dragonfall campaign is that when Lofwyr shows up at the end to berate you for your actions you can tell him to his face "you got a problem with what we did to Feuerschwinge ? Then come have a go, fucko" or words to that effect.

And he does, and you all die, but god drat does it feel good.

Question (note that I have not yet seen the end of Dragonfall, obvious title aside)

1) If the heroes have the ability to gently caress up Feuerschwinge, why do they not also have the ability to at least make Lofwyr at least wary enough not to attack them lightly due to a simply remark made in bravado.

2) How is it that Lofwyr can change from human form into dragon (I presume) super quickly but this other, "good" great dragon needed to be protected for quite a while in order to have time to switch?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

wiegieman posted:

I think he ended up giving it to Dunklezahn's chosen successor eventually, but only because he respected Dunk enough.

His will is a work of art and should be mandatory reading for grade school children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Question for the thread, if anyone is still around that is: The various Shadowrun games are on sale right now on Steam but, while I already own them all on GOG, I am considering buying them regardless as I feel like I am going to miss out on a lot of good mod content having only the GOG versions. As I understand it, basically all of the quality mods are Steam workshop and not compatible with other versions. Any thoughts? I'm not sure if this is a founded worry or not.