Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There's an old manga like that. I can't remember the name at the moment but I'm pretty sure it was an all boys school and it goes all Lord of the Flies.

Edit: Drifting Classroom. I was wrong not a boys school an elementary.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I feel a bit betrayed. For the first five chapters Saikyou Juzoku is a cute little story about a guy reborn in a world with magic. He makes a friend, learns to use animated carved wood totems and helps bust the local magic pot monopoly.

Then at the end of the fifth chapter they spring it on you that it's tradition in the village to marry your sister.

Why? Why would you do this? There are so many better ways to make him leave the village.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Saw it on the updated list on mangadex and clicked because the cover was neat.

I generally avoid looking at summaries and content tags on manga sites.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

KonoSuba is funny so that can pretty much excuse anything.

Fellis posted:

I spent too long doing this (mostly because I am not creative enough to think of funny spaces), summaries later

You've never actually played bingo, have you?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I'm pretty sure a lot of online publishers put up the micro chapters as artists finish the pages. Mangadex should really have an option for condensing them.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

Also I found the "exclusive bonus content" mini story at the end of the novel to be extremely uncomfortable and offputting. During the second night when all the women are staying in his apartment for the first time, there's a scene where they come to look at him while he's sleeping. They're all overcome with infatuation caused by his constantly on buffs, and since none of them have ever so much as stayed in a man's house before they're not sure what to do about their need to be close to him. So one of them undoes his shirt so they can look at his chest, then they all take turns touching him (mostly holding his hand) and trying to egg each other on about maybe doing a bit more than just touching his hand. Finally they all go back to bed because they're worried he's going to wake up and catch them touching him.

I'm not sure what the author was going for with that, but it came off as super weird to me. If it had been part of the main narrative I'd have probably put the book down.

This happens in the manga in chapter 11 (the one from two months ago) except they don't show nothing happening in the end but leave it up to your imagination.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I just realized Solo Leveling is Korean Reboot. Guess we dodged having an AndraIa.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Sentouin, Hakenshimasu has a new chapter out and while I liked it a lot before it has now solidified itself as one of my favorite manga.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/795458/1

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

You should just ignore reader comments. Most people have the reading comprehension of an angry raccoon.

That or they are just out right trolls.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The easiest way to read MMO manga is to know absolutely nothing about video games and just take everything at face value.

I highly recommend going back in time and only having a passing interest in mario bros and zelda as a five year old in the 80s.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

ADTRW is probably the only place in the internet that deals with anime that it isn't super popular.

This place is the sentinel island of anime fandom.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I don't remember that either so maybe it hasn't happened in the manga yet.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Sorry but Fluff Saint has rape goblins as of chapter five. It belongs in this thread. The superior isekai thread.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Onean posted:

There's a going theory that's just an embellishment to scare unprepared adventures, and until we see otherwise that's what I'm choosing to believe because it doesn't fit any other part of the story.

That's what I took it as but I kind of dislike the wholesome thread.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Gunnm and Soukuu no Ariadne

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Crazy Demon is great. Thanks. To me Zaha hits just the right level of dick head to generally awful people that you never feel bad for them.

Haven't started on the other two yet but Max Level is fun too.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Anyone know the name of a manga where a dad and three daughters wake up one day and everyone in the world disappeared? The further they got from their house the farther time had advanced. The local mall was grown over with a forest and lake where the parking was but the street they live on was normal.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

That's it, thanks.

Updates stopped in 2019. Well guess that would explain why I lost track of it.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Someone needs to licence the Moon Led Journey light novels.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I bounced off Realist Hero after the first LN volume. It was okay but none of it held my attention.

Captain Invictus posted:

Is it still on hiatus
No idea but 20~ pages of manga a month ain't getting it. Anyway there's 15 volumes so that's like 2-3 books a year for five years. I'll probably get bored by then.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

Think sword dad, except more violent.

In the books Fran gleefully tortures and mutilates people to interrogate them. They tone it down for the manga and she uses healing magic to make it last as long as she needs.

I mean, she is a cat. A little violent torture should be expected.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

A little over half way into the third Apocalypse Bringer book and those Dragon Quest bastards killed Bug Mom!

The second book had some horror stuff with the doctors but this one is just diving into it.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Unwanted Undead Adventurer was great till it crawled up its own rear end.

It's still good and fun to read but after they introduce Rentt's village every volume adds a new thing for Rentt to be super special.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I'm a Spider has a genderswap character on the human side.

She Professed Herself the Pupil has a guy isekai'd into his alt character that's a young girl.

You could argue Slime counts since Rimuru is a guy reincarnated as a genderless slime but ate a female character for his human form.

Edit:

Tanya the Evil

Guyver fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jul 25, 2022

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The only problem with Paladin is the author is going through some stuff and hasn't been able to put out a new book in like five years. No cliffhangers or anything but there's a bunch more set up for future stories that I'd love to read.

Jomo posted:

I watched this anime before finding out it's quite recommended around here. Does the manga quality keep up with the LN expectations?
I haven't noticed much of any difference between the two and the manga art is great.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I'll admit it's actually been a while since I read the manga so that might have happened but there's also a two year time skip in both the manga and LN with a long sitting conversation between characters. Lots of flashbacks. I think it was at the start of one of the novels.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Now that I think about it Sailor Moon is an isekei.

CubeTheory posted:

Hello Isekai thread, I'm CubeTheory, and I've been watching Isekai. Some of you may know me from one of the SA Discord servers, but I've been on a journey to watch as much fantasy isekai as I can as inspiration for an isekai tabletop rpg campaign I've been running. Over the last few months I've watched the following shows: (asterisks indicate they are currently running)

I'm looking for suggestions of things to add to this list. I may eventually shift to manga or web novels, but right now I'm really looking for anime as it makes sense for my current lifestyle.

Inuyasha
Those who hunt elves
God Mazinger
Rayearth
Genmu Senki Leda
Aura Battler Dunbine
Twelve Kingdoms

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Anyone want to drop a name because there are a million farm isekai manga.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

firrup posted:

It is "Let's Buy the Land and Cultivate It in a Different World". The Japanese name is "Isekai de Tochi o Katte Noujou o Tsukurou".

Thanks.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The mom in Estate Developer is awesome. Every time she shows up for more than a single panel she does something neat.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

He's not a slave he just has to give Lloyd most of anything he earns for the next 500 years.

Totally not slavery.

The one of the funniest bits in the series is when Lloyd finds the ghoul making spell and is so happy he rushes to the mine to let the guy know he will actually be able to work off the full 500 years instead of just being a joke in the contract.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

So is there a reason people die at 60 or is this a case of the author assuming life expectancy in ye olden days was super low because he didn't account for how infant mortality rates screw with figures?

Can't sell stale cake.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I liked the first light novel okay but the talent show part was kind of tedious. I don't remember much of the second but I do remember being bored enough that I fell asleep reading it.

Maybe a quicker paced anime or manga would be better.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Faraway Paladin wrapped up really well with book five but I hope one day the author can get back to writing because there is some neat stuff set up if he continues.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Death March

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

All this reminds me of an old cartoon where a wizard teleported some nerd to fantasy land. In the end of the movie the nerd kills a dragon by quoting math at it to deny its existence.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

All three of FUNA's protagonists are insane.

The one from Make My Abilities Average might seem fine until you get her around a furry or she wants to do something she said she wouldn't.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It's trying to be a mystery in the same way Baccano or Durarara. It's more of an excuse for quirky characters to do weird stuff.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Reading some isekai trash called A Gamemaster Logged Into a Differnt World today and

quote:

Now that I thought about it, I couldn’t really condemn slavery as a whole. Some sold themselves into slavery to feed their families while others did so to be fed. I also didn’t have an issue with turning criminals into slaves.

Such stories were commonplace—even in Japan a few centuries ago—and, if you stopped to consider history at large, issues often arose when slavery was prohibited. People suddenly found themselves unable to provide for their families and died of hunger, while others had to work themselves to the bone for a meager wage.

I found myself wondering whether those people had regretted being granted their freedom. At least they got to eat as slaves.This also had an influence on unemployment rates. When a cheaper workforce suddenly flooded the market, the workers that had previously occupied low-wage positions struggled even more. Even in the modern world, there were plenty of companies that offered poo poo conditions, making their workers slave away on low salaries twelve hours a day, 365 days a year without a single day off.

All in all, my point was that, sometimes, ending slavery brought more trouble to everyone than keeping the system going.

main spends the first two chapters attacking slave ships but apparently only because he doesn't like those particular slavers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The junk collector posted:

It's a comic where the world setting is women have all of the political and social power yet somehow still have no agency in the world at large. What were you really expecting?

I'm not caught up with manga so I don't know if it's covered it yet but in the light novels you learn they don't actually have any power. The whole situation was set up by the royal family to weaken the nobility.