Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Clarste posted:

From what I understand, it's just a story that's sympathetic to sex workers and approaches it a relatively mature way.
This is accurate but it certainly deserves its content warnings and I wouldn't blame anyone for giving it a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I want to know. I stopped reading it early on because it was pretty boring.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The part about the going outside trauma being what initially made it popular actually explains a lot, like the ridiculous ED trauma.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
When they redid the series page layout recently it was an improvement in most respects but they seem to have completely hidden the list of alternate titles.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah Skeleton Soldier is always better when Isaac is around because he functions as the protagonist's brain. Unfortunately he's not always around. I really enjoyed the recent chapters where he taught Skeleton to use his status windows as deadly weapons. For all its flaws I'm probably sticking with it to the end because the mysteries it's presented are interesting enough.

That said the only undead-themed story people are seemingly always positive about is Unwanted Undead Adventurer so that's probably the one you're thinking of.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
According to the translator's notes a revised version of Reader was published that changes this arc quite a bit specifically to make the Japanese teams less universally evil and the comic is going to be following that version

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Title aside, it's pretty funny.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I think the WN went into an extremely boring zombie arc and then fan translations stopped. This is much better.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

dipwood posted:

How do you effectively read webtoons on a desktop computer? I find the constant scrolling irritating.
I usually end up using ctrl + scroll wheel to zoom out a couple of notches so I can actually see an entire panel on screen at a time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well he does have a goal, but it's comprised maybe 2% of the comic's runtime so far and he barely has any idea how to complete it, so kind of gives the impression the story is going to drag on an arbitrary amount of time.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 11, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

I'm lost. This flashback is inconsistent with the previous one, is this implying Hinako is an unreliable narrator?

EDIT: Nevermind that isn't Junko dying in the new flashback. I need to reread this series

Chapter 9 is out and I'm still confused by this tbh. The last thing we see is the other girl clearly hugging Junko and preparing to jump with her, are we supposed to assume Junko somehow escaped? If so that's a super weird and confusing way to convey it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That whole section is :kiss:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Aikido Grandpa is probably my favorite isekai manga so far

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I also try out a ton of non-Japanese stuff. Roxana would be my favorite but it's been gone so long I wasn't counting it any more. :smith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I like how in YR the Demon King's body parts are proper eldritch horrors

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I legitimately thought the four knights were going to do something cool since they had unique designs, good joke.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I read the novel for that until it got really weird and boring with the protagonist spending all his time in some kind of pseudo-real modern superhero dream world and ignoring the entire world and cast up until that point.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I was hooked on SSS Rank Hunter from the moment it reveals his plan to stop Flame Emperor.

The Witch is great. :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
No, not at all. I've never read any of the ones that comic is referencing so it seemed weird to me but apparently I've just been reading the right ones.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's extremely good. I think it's actually the only Korean WN I've read in its entirety. It starts from one of the standard Korean WN premises but gradually turns into something much more interesting. A lot like SSS Rank Suicide Hunter, actually.

The manwha adaptation is also good, and has good translators who write a lot of informative notes at the end of each chapter.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 10, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

I only read the manga but kumoko was the most boring poo poo possible, nothing happened in like 50 chapters
Wrong. The spider's numbers went up and it was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
tfw when you discover a new NPC duplication glitch