Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
is Xenogears an isekai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Nathilus posted:

and doesn't involve any modern day humans that have been whisked there
*coughs* comes really close with the reincarnations

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

in that isekai, the cheats transmigrators typically receive are a form of psychic malware that turns you into a horrible person

a few classmates miss out on this "super fun upgrade" due to having divine protection or something better

https://mangadex.org/title/24281/sokushi-cheat-ga-saikyou-sugite-isekai-no-yatsura-ga-marude-aite-ni-naranai-n-desu-ga

Jackard fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 17, 2019

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

is this a fetish?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

doctor stone isekai

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Speaking of horny isekais, here's a oneshot where they become the girl that dies first in a slasher film.

Final Girl

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Guyver posted:

I generally avoid looking at summaries and content tags on manga sites.
But why? Those are the easiest way of avoiding terrible comics.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

khy posted:

The MC is a game dev that produces insanely challenging traps and dungeons, and gets fired because his poo poo is too hard. So he's summoned to hell where he gets to use his trap mastery to murder the poo poo out of heroes.
Well I gave it the benefit of the doubt from your post but nope, full edgelord alert

At least this is the right thread for it

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Artificer posted:

What was that isekai someone posted before that was described as Dark Souls the Isekai?
Uhh maybe this? That's not a helpful description really, lotta things get called 'dark souls' nowadays

Artificer posted:

Was it good?
no, so it fits right in

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Well it's not as bad as some of the others posted here.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Artificer posted:

What are some good isekais/mangas/manwhas/web novels what have you where the protagonist or some friends that have spooky powers or evil powers or skills normally attached to evil characters? But are good people? I love the concept so I'm collecting a list to slowly work through.
Monster Maiden Caramelize - this one isn't isekai.

Reincarnated as a Dragon's Egg - Let's Aim to be the Strongest

Reincarnated as a Werewolf - hard to say if this is good with only one chapter, but it has little dog people in armor!

The Otherworld doesn't stand a chance against the power of instant death.

The Soldier Sees a Dream About the Past - the MC has a soul pact with some sort of evil ghost.

My Status as an Assassin Obviously Exceeds the Hero's - a typical edgy setup but the MC is decent so far

ps. Death Mage Doesn't Want a Fourth Time is garbage that I won't even link here.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

The current arc the manga is going through is pretty interesting, with the newly-formed nation of monsters being declared a crime against god by the nearby militant theocracy, who have declared a genocidal war in order to annihilate the monsters as well as claim their extremely valuable territory
Agreed, but it also all feels very convenient, not only does he get to bring his friends back to life but then it goes on to paint the other side as cartoonishly evil and incompetent

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Argas posted:

It's based off a LN called Der Werewolf, the Annals of Veight. It's okay. It cna be fun here and there but the MC basically has it too easy sometimes and it's not great at establishing tension. Not dissimilar to "How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom" in that regard. It doesn't quite have the harem situation that Realist Hero does (political marriages, but dude's surrounded by beautiful fiances) but Veight is still surrounded by women who are interested in him. It has similarities to Overlord in that the MC's past life gives him information to act differently from everyone else in his situation, and he thus develops an oversized but not undeserved reputation for being extremely cunning and deadly. Fortunately it doesn't really go into the grimdark edgy Overlord stuff because Veight is not surrounded by remorseless monsters.
Hey that sounds alright! Looks like no one is picking it up though..

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I am the bone of my sword.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jackard posted:

I have the bone for my sword.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I think people were hoping for another dad comic but Japanese authors have a hard time delivering, when not going over the edge like Usagi Drop they're always skirting it with this kind of poo poo

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I'm talking about the cartoonish levels of evil that is commonly and frequently depicted in the kind of stories that we're ragging on which seems largely rooted in how things played out a couple centuries ago. It's become a tired cliche for the church in any and most media to be corrupt and in enough power to replicate actual witch trials and crusades against whatever group the story wants to dunk on. And don't tell me it's not lazy either.

I'm still miffed that the netflix Castlevania series Completely overplayed Lisa's death and introduced a bishop character who is so clearly and unironically evil that my eyes nearly rolled out of their socket. Lisa's death was never portrayed as anything other than collateral damage thanks to once again, real life events, but from what I understand one of the writers has a habit of playing the churches actions up in this way and it wound up adding to the list of dumb things that series did with the narrative.
What, the grand narrative of Castlevania III for the NES?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Eh, dropped that one ages ago. The show managed to be more boring than the comic.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Japanese Witcher is so good

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Well drat, I thought he was talking about Shield Heroine

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'm guessing it's "JK Haru wa Isekai de Shoufu ni natta"

quote:

*record scratch* *freeze frame on Haru Koyama getting choked by a horny naked dude* Yep, that’s me. You’re probably wondering how I got into this situation. Not by choice, I can tell you that! It started when my weirdo classmate, Chiba, tried to save me from a runaway truck and got us both killed instead. Idiot. Then we got transported to another world, which I guess is like an otaku dream come true, or something? Chiba ends up with cheat abilities, and what do I get? Nothing! Lucky me, I get to be a sex worker instead. Gotta earn money somehow — but since I have to do it, I’m gonna kick rear end at it. This world treats women even worse than the one we came from, so things get…rough. Still, I’ve made friends with some of the girls, and if I can juggle Chiba’s idiocy and Sumo the virgin’s emotions on top of all the various kinks my customers throw at me, things will be all right…won’t they?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Is there nothing that 2020 won't take from us

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I don't typically read those but will have to check it out. Thanks for the link.

What a shame. Did they ever say why it was canceled? :smith:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

and wakes up in a fantasy world, armed with only the Remington M870 shotgun he had when he died
Shop smart... shop S-Mart.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

OUTRA-
GEOUS
POWER!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Gunboat isekai next.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Speaking of which, are there any manga that focus on airships and/or floating islands?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

that is a hell of an awkward pose, like what the hell is she even doing there

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

What happened to 25 of the chapters?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Man I remember asking Mangadex years ago if they could just have English titles in the follows and search lists. They agreed it was a good idea and then never did it.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

Goblins have just eaten a lot of kobold traits in manga. 'Kobolds as the clever inventive and adaptive mooks' has been common in dnd stuff since the early 2000s. But you almost never see the little lizard men in Japanese stuff, instead goblins eat up that half sometimes.
Kobolds in folklore were just another type of goblin.

Kobolds in D&D were originally little rat/dog men, 3e reskinned them as lizardmen.

When Japanese devs first got their hands on D&D there was some confusion or translation error so that's why their kobolds look like gnolls.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 1, 2021

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Gory Yuri manga, girl has a skill that reverses effects, gets a cool sword which turns her into isekai Wolverine. I would normally pass this up cause of its edginess, but I confess chapter 7 did a lot to redeem the story for me. Prob the most unique usage of the analyze box I saw in this genre. Fair warning, it's very violent and gory.

https://mangadex.org/title/25e145f0-a74f-48b6-9d89-b715e28f6417/do-you-think-someone-like-you-could-defeat-the-demon-lord
Is this like killing god with a chainsaw in the original SaGa game?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Dude and his class get sent back into the prehistoric era, have to learn to survive. You will not believe who the ultimate villain is.
https://mangadex.org/title/e710f350-93a6-47fc-af29-7c5e0fcdc1f0/sousei-no-taiga
this concept sounds great, thanks

Myok posted:

Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi is your standard "no one in this world can cook, until a chef from Japan appears!" isekai. They somewhat justify it in that the elf tribe our MC gets scooped up into has the death penalty for wasting food, so no one's inclined to experiment. It's not very exciting, so I was plunking along reading a chapter or two between other things. Then, starting with Chapter 32, the author leaned HARD into the isekai weirdness.
Ah I recognize this art style, it's the artist that did the Magic the Gathering isekai: https://mangadex.org/title/e7acdd83-e594-46ee-84e6-4d3b3fee4115/elf-deck-to-senjou-gurashi

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

What happened?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Well then im gonna have to looks these up. Is the whole series good?

https://www.goodreads.com/series/42300-guardians-of-the-flame

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Here's another one that's basically isekai - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/640181.The_Warlock_in_Spite_of_Himself

Spaceman with a cyberhorse goes incognito on a fantasy planet.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The junk collector posted:

That was borders. Barne's and noble pivoted to carrying boards games, legos, and anime poo poo and having expensive coffee drinks in every store and has done alright. They still have books and places to sit so it's all good.
But Borders did all that. Except maybe the Legos?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ah that makes more sense.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady. They never go over the actual part where the character gets isekaid in detail or who they were before, but they're definitely not from the world. You can infer that the MC was male in their previous life if you wish...or not. I don't remember it being explictly stated,
There wasn't anything like that in this one. If they are specifically looking for that, this will come up short.

Tensei Shitara has an interesting premise but is slow on updates.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Readers beware:
This does not work. Dont run into traffic expecting to come out with a waifu
What about all the shitheads buying slaves in these things? Anyone dumb enough to expect that would fit right in.