Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Davincie posted:

is isekai the most manchild genre cause of its wish fulfilment appeal

I mean it used to be the more standard stories where the man gets the princess in the end, but then we decided that it wasn't wish fulfilly enough. I'm sure it'll get worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's almost like genres are descriptors than hard definitions.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Fellis posted:

I dont think this one has been posted yet:

https://mangadex.org/title/21809/genjitsushugisha-no-oukokukaizouki

The MC gets isekai’d into a kingdom in dire economic plight and they expect him to go be a Hero as tribute to a larger nation they are in debt to. Instead he solves their economic problems and erases the debt cause he’s just some schmuck and will die. The King realizes the MC is way more responsible than him and just abdicates to the MC so he can live a carefree life with his hot wife.

Kinda has some Maoyuu Maou Yuusha vibes where the MC introduces macro scale things like crop rotation and sanitation. There’s horniness, but not anything that pegs the needle in comparison to the last page or so ITT, just bountiful baps and they make sure the MC knows polygamy is a’ok! The MC is also good about having competent side characters, like this early recruit we can all identify with:

E: its nothing special, just average overall but solid gold for this thread. Besides you sickos will read anything posted here anyway

The LN is kind of okay. There's just not a great deal of tension because the MC surrounds himself with loyal competent people and it never really feels like he's truly struggling against anything but balancing his increasingly large harem (due to politics but of course they also like him).

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I will second TKA though it's just a MMO and there's no VR.

tl;dr: People play these games and are being paid to play it, these are the stories of the top player's journey back to the peak.

TKA's wacky-rear end game design is because it's trying to be a dramatic PVP game with a very large and active esports scene. It's trying to adapt the feeling of watching a fighting game round that usually won't last more than a minute into multi-page scenes and does it by stretching the amount of time it takes to do poo poo, leading to people fighting for ten minutes straight and poo poo.

But more than game design, there's a lot of silly and serious ingame PVE/PVP drama due to camping, killstealing, etc. It also delves into the esports scene and the commercialization of a hobby, though it doesn't really care about the consequences. It reminds me of the xianxia "I Shall Seal the Heavens" and "A Will Eternal" in that there's tons of shenanigans and underhanded stuff pulled by the protagonist, though not being a xianxia TKA doesn't really go down to the same lows of rear end in a top hat/trash behavior. It's still just a MMO at the end of the day.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

AtomikKrab posted:

Since I actively do PVP in a MMO... sometimes I do have fights that go on for 10 or more minutes.

Yeah but the gameplay of TKA is more along the lines of a fighting game's, so the esports in this game are basically 10-minute long fighting game matches, multiple matches in a round.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kegslayer posted:

Isn't the King's Avatar just about a gamer starting a new character on a new server?

I had no idea it was popular enough for an anime and a tv series.

Yeah, it got pretty big. It's got some juicy setup for drama, what with there being bad blood between members of the MC's old team and him, as well as his ultimate desire to win one last time.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Brought To You By posted:

A new chapter chapter of Shinju no Nectar continues the slow built of the setting and adds an interesting wrinkle to what was a pretty obvious mystery until now.

So Arlen and Rubian aren't God's native to Albion, but instead what I'm assuming is the analogue to Denmark in this setting through. Yet the most prestigious military academy for men and women in Albion is named after both of these Gods, even after they attacked the native land of Arlen/Rubian and even made explicit moves to destroying places of worship? And there's a cult mostly populated by women who worship Arlen which is ironic given that the history of this world states that Rubian rejected the advances of her male counterpart.
This continues to be a surprisingly substantial story even though there's still half a chapter dedicated to getting as many tits out as possible. Including this month's chapter which has...one way to avoid detection when you're sneaking into a hedonistic cult's lair during the group orgy. I'll give the writing duo this, they find a way to make it make sense 80% of the time.

Isn't it just Ireland

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Jackard posted:

Reincarnated as a Werewolf - hard to say if this is good with only one chapter, but it has little dog people in armor!

It's based off a LN called Der Werewolf, the Annals of Veight. It's okay. It cna be fun here and there but the MC basically has it too easy sometimes and it's not great at establishing tension. Not dissimilar to "How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom" in that regard. It doesn't quite have the harem situation that Realist Hero does (political marriages, but dude's surrounded by beautiful fiances) but Veight is still surrounded by women who are interested in him. It has similarities to Overlord in that the MC's past life gives him information to act differently from everyone else in his situation, and he thus develops an oversized but not undeserved reputation for being extremely cunning and deadly. Fortunately it doesn't really go into the grimdark edgy Overlord stuff because Veight is not surrounded by remorseless monsters.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Jackard posted:

Hey that sounds alright! Looks like no one is picking it up though..

The LNs are good enough, though goddamn those canine soldiers in the manga are cuties.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Guyver posted:

Sentouin, Hakenshimasu has a new chapter out and while I liked it a lot before it has now solidified itself as one of my favorite manga.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/795458/1

It's topknotch.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

is monster taming slavery

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

lol why don't you read the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU