Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Eeepies posted:

On the plus side, the MC shows exactly how you should deal with people who keeps slaves: Immediate death.

most of this manga seems to be the guy running into lovely isekai trope fuckers and just zapping them bc theyre bad people

im into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Martin Lawrence's Black Knight is an isekai

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

ninjewtsu posted:

But what is sapience

Would optimus prime gently caress someones poo poo up for em

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fellis posted:

Shangri-La Frontier has a tournament arc going on, but its pretty dope and the newest chapters are about the ex-PK psychopath character getting to play as a villian in an immersive fighting game/superhero simulator. I’d link examples but there’s nothing that’s great standalone, its just one page after the other

https://mangadex.org/title/29ab6984-7c1d-4d45-b925-25aa082b492e/shangri-la-frontier-kusoge-hunter-kamige-ni-idoman-to-su

pencil fuckin owns

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

there's a fundamental difference in it that puts it way above other types of series about that kinda thing which is that even with the power fantasy of regression it places value in the lives of others and never reduces them to tools or toys because they're weak or irrelevant, which is the usual faire of the genre as a whole - there's normally a lot of might makes right vibes in the stuff the godawful title invokes but the series goes out of it's way to constantly rebuke that through how things tend to be resolved

the part with his masters is surprisingly super moving, and kind of a compact expression of the ethos the series tries to keep consistent

it also retroactively makes a somewhat grating character way better by a lot which is always nice

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 5, 2023

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

'rebirth of a tyrannical villainess' ended some time ago and i just caught up and the 'twist' re: the isekai aspect there was pretty funny, though idk how common this kinda twist is

turns out the soul of the villainess was ejected from her body and sent to modern day earth to be reborn (not re-incarnated, she forgot everything) and all of the evil poo poo she did was someone else possessing her body. also that was the villain's plan despite being a mega powerful wizard who can reset the timeline because no matter what he did to gently caress up her life she kept whooping his rear end so his only solution was 'gently caress it, banish her to Korea'. the story also revealed that basically everyone already knew she was Someone Else Entirely the instant she got 'isekai'd' back and were like 'oh, jesus we missed 20+ years of your life huh' once it got revealed what actually happened. also a true reverse harem ending where she just goes 'okay, you're all my husbands now! byeee'

also surviving romance recently ended, and i really, really liked it! it's kind of spoilers to go into the premise, but it's 'someone is isekai'd into a romance story they were reading and is groundhog daying and having a Very Bad Time'

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 5, 2023

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Cainer posted:

Holy poo poo this was a powerful read, thank you very much for the link I hadn't even heard of it till your post.

SystemLogoff posted:

Thank you for this recommendation, it's great to have a story have an ending, even more so for a time loop story to get on with things.

Added to the list of stories that made me cry.

glad y'all enjoyed it! on a week to week basis it was really riveting so im glad to hear it works as a binge too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

A goddess! A saint! Wisdom! Intelligence! Kindness! Fraternity! That is it!