Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

Sindai posted:

I read the novel for that until it got really weird and boring with the protagonist spending all his time in some kind of pseudo-real modern superhero dream world and ignoring the entire world and cast up until that point.

This was especially frustrating because IIRC that took off right when the story was moving into the demon held territory. We finally got through all the set up of Roland steamrolling knights and whatnot with firearms and got to the real enemies, foreshadowed for so long as incredibly dangerous with interesting magic and tech, then it moves to his weird internal apartment complex instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

EVIL Gibson posted:

If you all want a rather trope-free isekai, you should look up Karate Survivor in Another World

Captain Invictus posted:

here's the mangadex page for it for folks who don't want to go to some random site for it
https://mangadex.org/title/b4615bd9-7cbd-4243-a8a2-5c24671663e0/yajin-tensei-karate-survivor-in-another-world

FYI for those starting Karate Survivor like I just did - The early translations on Mangadex are really bad and I couldn't understand the conversation at all in chapter 4. The REMOVED site seems to have the bad translation on the partial chapters but the full chapters are good (read chapter 4, not chapter 4.1) and by chapter 6 you can just it the next chapter button like normal.

Edit: guess they were scans of an official release. Oops.

Kyoujin fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 5, 2024