Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

dipwood posted:

Slime is pretty wholesome but it's incredibly boring.

At its best its comfy. At it's worst its tedious. There's nothing to hate, but there really isn't that much to like either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
It is a crime there isn't more of that one translated.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Dungeon Meshi (whenever that comes out) has incredible worldbuilding and is directly DnD inspired (even though it isn't an isekai).

If you aren't restricted to watching, read the manga

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
You could potentially do something interesting with a setting where societal disapproval literally caused you to burst into flames, but I doubt that's what this author was going for.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Really enjoyed this.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Hardly unique. Lack of any meaningful challenge is what prevents an awful lot of bad isekais from at least attaining the heights of "decent schlock"

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

aw man, I just noticed I Am The Only One Who Knows This World Is A Game got axed. that's a shame, it's one of my favorite silly isekai.

Did the novel get translated?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
He certainly has the moral character to fit right in

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah I must've seen this and just bailed immediately because I'm super behind on the series now.

I get the feeling the guy doing the translation does actually have at least some idea of how to read Japanese given some of the TNs. You wouldn't know it was MTL if they didn't disclaim.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Fereydun posted:

A goddess! A saint! Wisdom! Intelligence! Kindness! Fraternity! That is it!

We don't need an enlightened despot, we need one who is completely in the dark.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Kumoko at least has some real struggles going on and creative fight (... design? choreography?) by the author.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

you are reborn as elon musk

I'm tired of these plots where it's trivial to do better than the previous life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Although actually, reincarnated as a person in a position of extreme power who is in the middle of a downfall and who has legitimately done extremely messed up things in the past but still has potential to do good is an interesting notion.

You know, reincarnated into the body of stalin in 1929 or Nero the day after Rome burned, or something.