Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Jackard posted:

is this a fetish?

the answer to that is always going to be yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

in it's defense, 17 chapters in it's been way more dad manga than not, but Lily is pretty clearly into Hajime in a way that makes me worry about the series long term

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Conceptually it's shocking how much I prefer "the devs are just bad at balancing their game so this newbie is able to find new, OP builds even when they try to nerf the poo poo out of her" over "VRMMO that just ignores some random OP idiot who's clearly breaking the game but the devs...don't care?"

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

I know for a fact in the WN he eventually loses his virginity to his girlfriend, only for her to leave the next day, which gives him ED. He then spends most of the next arc trying to find an ED treatment while also using a pair of her panties as a religious icon to worship.

I...hope the manga softens that?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

oh my bad, wrong girl, it wasn't his girlfriends panties, but the panties of the elf who trained him when he was younger

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

pretty sure you mean this one

god forbid it have an easily searched for name that actually includes goblin instead of whatever dumb LN name it actually has

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

off the top of my head I'm not aware of any "this strat is banned because it's hell on your hands" but it is the kind of thing that a "no major glitches" type run might enforce. I do know that most of the longer 100% speedruns of ring fit allow/used to require breaks so you didn't die speedrunning the game for 24 hours straight

and obviously a ton of runs will ban certain movement techniques because they're unfun to watch/play

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

The Tanya thing is adaptational changes as it moved from medium to medium

Going from the web novel-light novel-manga-anime the fired employee went from like, being a druggie with debt problems who was a bad worker and causing problems, to eventually "missed work a couple of times and failed the improvement plan". Basically the further distilled the work became, the more they made salaryman/tanya a more of a dick by removing some of their redeeming qualities.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

I really respect one day left because you have a villainess that is, like, objectively a bad person. She doesn't really feel bad about any of the terrible things she does to the "heroine" and does everything she does in series for her own gain.

but like, in a way that's way more understandable? she doesn't gently caress over people for the sake of ruining them, but to save herself, she's not really thrilled with the idea of hurting other people, and even though it ends up working out for her, her plan was 100% "if I have to go down I'm going to take those fuckers with me" instead of like "I'm going to be happy and ruin everyone else just because I can!"

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

if something got an english translation it means someone cared enough about it to even just run it through a machine translator to post.

That doesn't mean some really terrible works don't get translated, but it does mean a lot of the incredibly boring, bog standard samey bullshit doesn't. So when you think about the really trash, boring stuff that gets a translation remember, there are probably 10-15 works just like it that are even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

nrook posted:

yeah, the comedies go back basically to the beginning. for what it’s worth anyone with any interest in the genre whatsoever should read kenkyo kenjitsu; it’s easily the best japanese webnovel I’ve read, although I’m reading in translation so I’m not going to pretend my experience is either broad or entirely fair.

there are definitely a bunch of dramas which set the serious, competent villainess against the flighty, unrealistic and jumped-up heroine, and I basically never enjoy seeing such a heroine for basically the reasons you mention. although calling that essentially libertarian is silly.

do not read Kenkyo Kenjitsu because it went on hiatus like 6 years ago and the author appears to have just loving vanished from the web. It is very good, but it's not even really in a good "and the story goes on" kinda place where it abruptly ends.