Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RangerKarl posted:

I jest, MLA is actually a PTSD generator.
I know that when Total Eclipse came out and people were hopeful that it wasn't going to turn into an average LN adaptation they made this statement in the OP (at that time I was debating whether to create an account or not; holy poo poo it's been 7 years), thinking it'd be a joke statement or something... then I proceeded to play the game and holy smokes is it ever true.

It's like when people have trouble getting through Dirt by Alice in Chains due to the fact that, even after 27 years of being out, it's a record that can make you hella uncomfortable due to its subject matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn't/Didn't Drifters deal(t) with that part of making ammunition/gunpowder? I remember good-ol' Nobunaga being all gung-ho about firearms.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cuntellectual posted:

i wish i could find a toilet to take me to the mushroom kingdom
If there's a light novel containing an american gamer dude cosplaying as a ninja turtle/frog hybrid yelling "Cowabunga!", there has to be a light novel about getting isekai'd into the Mushroom Kingdom.

I hope, at least.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

ordinarily i would say yes but i kind of suspect this is just meant to be funny

e: yeah no this is 100% just toilet humor

outside the scenes of him making GBS threads, which are pretty bluntly played as shock value jokes and not really sexualized, it's basically just the same joke of "guy's obsessed with shitters, elf girl goes :wtc:" repeated over and over

it's honestly kind of great in short bursts but i'm not really 100% sure if it can sustain itself
Suddenly I'm recalling that one bit of Patton Oswalt making fun of Jennifer Aniston's movies and how to make them more interesting by the inclusion of an incontinent monkey with a funny hat in the trailers.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
But what truly is Isekai, maaaaannnnn?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

i just want to have five girlfriends is that wrong
It's fine, but you have to live in Utah.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Brought To You By posted:

Tron was the movie you were looking for.
Most definitely not.

Fellis posted:

Joesph Smith isekai’d into our world
Ugh, okay you win. I take it back. :cripes:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fellis posted:

Anime Dungeon Terrorists: Reincarnated Weeaboos
Oh my god I love this. :stwoon:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

According to the christian/islamic and a bunch of other faiths, everybody experiences an isekai when you die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svksroYDwhY

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So is there a I'm a Demon King Reincarnated as a Salaryman!-type story yet?
The Devil is a Part-timer! is the closest I can think of off the top of my head, although I guess it's more an Isekai than anything else.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UnfurledSails posted:

The genre is so oversaturated you'd think you'd see some good deconstruction/subversion/twist/whatever you get what I mean stories but you never really see any good ones
Re:Zero seems like one of the few stories who seems somewhat comfortable with letting his MC, Subaru, struggle. And while obviously it's not for everyone (the fact that it has an horror bent to it, for example), I'd argue it belongs in the decent camp.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

You
know
why
!
Is it to have an up-and-coming VA voice the character and steal the spotlight even when she says harsh things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYZkxDfkAAo

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goosekai?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
TBF, JB's work on Kaguya-sama has been spectacular, so I'm willing to cute them some slack.