Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
is this the muvluv alternative thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Nathilus posted:

Maybe? I don't know anything about either of these. OH NO GUESS I GOTTA CLOSE THE THREAD! :lol:

I jest, MLA is actually a PTSD generator.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
I know there's one where someone's reincarnated as a hot spring, which is the best pisstake I've ever seen.

I just want to say that the milkdrinker isekai is infuriating because the setting, outside of the fetishy bits is pretty cool. A world coming into the industrial age, empire on empire shenanigans, and actual fashion that isn't Dudes Wear Office Suit Blazers. If only I could actually read it on my phone in public...

RangerKarl fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 23, 2019

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

I should've included the cover, which has a dragon scale carved into a toilet seat I believe

lmao did they actually design the cover to parody Dungeon Meshi

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Seems like someone loved Evangelion because it's a shadow being cast from a higher dimension.

Can you even call yourself an otaku in Japan (what the author self-professes to be IIRC) if you haven't watched it?

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
The WN translation is still going, but the pace is slow as heck. Probably can't survive in mangaland.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Speaking of shotguns, there was another update and the MC gets married to the obvious waifu character who is also an elf with a human lifespan Which is convenient but still wholesome.

The man died saving a kid, he's probably one of the few isekai MCs that actually deserve the harem treatment in his afterlife.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

saving a kid is usually the reason why truck-kun is successful. it's not anything new or different from any other isekai stories.

Fair cop, I always forget about the street-crossing kid in these cliches. Though granted, nobody's ever tried shooting the truck (except the karate isekai guy)

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
the year has Muvluv Alt in it so at least there will be something for giant robot isekai

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Jackard posted:

Gunboat isekai next.

I just wanted Aircraft carrier isekai but then I realized what I actually wanted was John Birmingham's World War 2.0 series

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

ElMaligno posted:

His cheat ability shall be an Ak74 with infinite bullets

This basically already exists. Look up I'm Connected to a Black Market.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Muv-Luv, though I guess it's probably been done better by some things on this list.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
What disappointed me is how little it leaned into the "software engineering" part of the system. I wanted to see Ernie get frustrated at having to reinvent lambda calculus inside his own head.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
A universe that has magic but is terrified of using it because no one invented disposable test containers for magicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Mirage posted:

Now I'm thinking of an isekai character entering a world where halal is a concept and trying to convince people to eat bacon.

This is just a Japanese salaryman going to Malaysia.