Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

Taking a Dump in a Fantasy World Toilet.

polnareff isekai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jackard posted:

is this a fetish?

ordinarily i would say yes but i kind of suspect this is just meant to be funny

e: yeah no this is 100% just toilet humor

outside the scenes of him making GBS threads, which are pretty bluntly played as shock value jokes and not really sexualized, it's basically just the same joke of "guy's obsessed with shitters, elf girl goes :wtc:" repeated over and over

it's honestly kind of great in short bursts but i'm not really 100% sure if it can sustain itself

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 8, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if a character from regular mundane Earth ends up in a setting that's not regular mundane Earth, it's isekai

Planet of the Apes counts for the same reason Now and Then, Here and There counts- far-future hosed up Earth is not regular mundane Earth. Dr. Stone counts for this reason too, though the sheer number of people getting isekai'd makes it an oddball one (though there's precedent for this with, like, the 1632 books).

FFX isn't isekai because the transportation is fantasy world -> fantasy world.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

rip van winkle is an isekai

Rip van Winkle isn't a long enough period of time, it has to be long enough for there to be a massive cultural shift for it to be isekai

the most meaningful difference between the world he wakes up in and the one he fell asleep in is that he's old as hell

meanwhile in Planet of the Apes the world is now ruled by gorilla people, in Dr Stone 95% of humanity is statues and everything's basically destroyed, in NTHT climate change turbofucked everybody and warlords are using child soldiers to fight over the scraps

e: The Time Machine and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court would be my calls for the first two recognizable proto-isekai

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 14, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

That Guy Bob posted:

Demolition Man starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes is non-ironically a time travel isekai.

this man gets it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Brought To You By posted:

I think Lynn is a hack writer with a piss fetish but I'd be lying if that still wasn't a neat concept anchored to a bad story.

is it really just him, though? like, the weird piss stuff that crops up in Okamoto's work honestly seems to just generally be a thing with edgy anime/manga/LNs and i'm not sure it's supposed to be fetishy so much as a shock value/"realism" thing

e: i will definitely say that Lynn Okamoto's work rides one hundred percent on shock value so it being intended to be insanely gross rather than sexy would be on-brand

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
to gross people out because the series is basically an excuse to cram in as much Edgy Bullshit as possible?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah that's fair

the stuff in Elfen Lied came off as just him trying to be gross as gently caress to shock people, but I haven't touched his current series so if it's more blatantly piss-wizard-y in that I stand corrected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jackard posted:

I am the boner of my sword.