Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 days!)

I started reading The Faraday Paladin (light novel).
Watched the anime that released a while back and loved it. Read the available manga chapters then saw the licensed light novel at Barnes and noble and picked it up.
It reads much different than others light novels, much more like a regular fantasy book.

Might be obvious, but while the anime was neat, there is so much more details in the book talking about how the religion of the world works and the people living there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

heroic tracks need that soft strings or smooth beat

if within the same series example, I would go with this track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpc8K-zQoYM

comeback tracks need a really good tempo shift in the middle like that one good danmachi track the anime keeps spamming after the first season undeservedly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWlfyXi0KYs

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

read a bit of the both the novel and manga version sof 'The Academy's Undercover Professor'

I always quite dug the professor/magic teacher settings, but man, I started rapidly losing interest right at the start of the first major arc with the werewolves.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I was really with the idea when he started the first class, and wanted him raising the students similar to stories like 'The S-class heroes I raised' or even 'The Returners' magic should be special'

but it seems like he's just doing the side jobs and the students see him in the middle of it and go 'wow, he's so mysterious and strong'

maybe later arcs will have that, but as I said, the first major arc was a downgrade for my expectations.

In other isekai news, went to Barnes & Noble and picked up vol1 of 'The Other Worlder Exploring the Dungeon' vol1.
Read the first few pages and liked the prose enough.
'

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

was Wizard of Oz a western otome isekai story?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Spider-man: into the isekai

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Author isekai’ing into his own work subtype has had a good thumbs up ratio for me so far.

The Novel’s Extra put me in a fevor and read the web novel all over 2-3 all nighters.
No comment on the web toon

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

read thru first chapter of The Other Worlder Exploring the Dungeon

i like the many races in the book so far, and them presented with having varied cultures and gods, and the dungeon town is a melting pot of sorts so far.
MC seems pragmatic enough. And isn't overpowered and has no cheats as of yet, he's just armed with limited amount of guns and ammo, and an AI that's half broken most of the time

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

started reading 'The Amazing Village Creator

I do love village building isekais. Though its one of the ones were I'm like "does this really need that hint of isekai, where its just an excuse for easy leaps in logic and explanations in technology. I think the MC doesn't even really remember, its just the system uses more modern tech. for the village upgrades than the initial setting as his cheat.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

looks like translations for How to Survive at The Academy died, was one of the ones I kept checking for updates for

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Wish there were some decent spaceship opera isekai ones, but most of them are gag series or eechi slice of life ones

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Glazius posted:

Well, there's this completely unwieldy drink of water (IDK how people are abbreviating it, I think you can just call it "Starship Mercenary" and that won't step on too many toes) about a guy who wakes up in his favorite spaceship MMO and his desperate attempts to find someone who can sell him a decent carbonated beverage, the art of which has been lost in a spacer-dominated culture.

And, y'know, ratting, crystal alien hordes, giant robot sumo with rogue genegineered meats, your usual space hijinks.

Yea I been collecting the official volumes, it’s just a slice of life space vacation and lots of space sex

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

LibrarianCroaker posted:

The novel got an official translation from Webtoon (only readable on their mobile app for webnovels, Yonder :shepface:) and they issued a takedown on the fan tl.

oh no, *coughs up blood*
one of those purchase coins to buy chapters apps.

you get a daily pass to unlock a chapter day. oh okay...maybe not as bad.."energy passes only unlock chapters for 3 days" O_O and energy pass expires after one day
have to use coins to permanently unlock chapters.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Academy's Undercover Professor webcomicbeen getting a few more chapter updates. Getting a bit more interesting again.
No idea how long the werewolf arc was in the LN, but wow, it sure started and ended fast with only like 2 comic chapters.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

no idea why its an isekai, but maybe it will come into play more. The prologue didn't seem to have anything to do with it.
edit: oh, its standard japanese food cheats and stuff, i feel like it could have just went with the usual regular demi-human stuff
but started reading the manga, Happy Harem Making with the Mighiest Orc.
about as silly as you expect from the title

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 26, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

started reading The Ideal Sponger Life

mellow self-insert isekai fantasy life

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

'she has pretty sizeable boobs, but not too crazy big.'

the dream of going in and quitting your job, reason is because your moving to another world

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 28, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I don’t mind it, of course the home country is gonna have bias and win.
Like how America always win in all of their stories or portrayed as the heroes to their audience.

Or how the alternate Korean or Chinese isekai stories has Korea/China as the top world power because of reasons and it’s America that keeps trying to undermine them.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

You mean soy sauce or mayo (Japanese mayo)?
It works in other isekai situations

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Farming Isekai ep10
the dark elfs (mountain elves) are a cool addition.
i think too much time was spent on the trio of noble ladies, didn't really care for them.

and first/best girl might be pregnant?! Didn't expect that development.
But given the series' habit of making fakeout cliffhangers and then it be resolved in the first 5 minutes in the next episode, we see if its a fakeout, or the time for a bunch of new babies to arrive

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I read it for the world building and fights and Roxy/Eris

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

teacher isekais are pretty fun.

"so to make magic stronger...the secret is..

use your imagination!"

*mind gets blown*

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The problem with the math ones for me is like I don’t believe that the isekai world wouldn’t already know that math.

It’s a civilization with a working government, business guilds and other stuff. They learned math, it’s not a modern invention or anything.

Have the same issue when one of the modern cheats isekai characters give is introducing crop rotation. Like come on that stuff has been around across different cultures since BC times. If the world is in the feudal stages, they should know about it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Throwing out the stock water you used to boil veggies and stuff instead of using the broth…

Or thinking of grounding up a food that you know animals eat into a consumable flour to make dough…

Are you kidding me, everyone tried to eat everything they could think of off the ground since they existed to survive and you skipped this cooking step?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

doomrider7 posted:

Pretty sure Otherworldly Pharmacy did something like that.

yea, producing penicillin from mold is like 101 of medical isekais. and one of the first major things to be made in like the first few arcs.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

yea its just a shortcut, then the story just depends on if the dungeon raids is interesting enough.

imo, the better shortcut is the 'i'm not racist' mc. Where everyone tries to enslave elfs and dwarfs or other demis, and the mc saves them. And gets a diverse party of different races that follow him because he treats them equal, since to him, everyone is a foreigner anyway.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

:)

how about the ones where the party members were his former npc support characters from the MMO he played, so their loyalty is already preordained.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Test Pattern posted:

This is what the guy who gets isekai'd but he's got access to FreshDirect does for money -- he just orders a five pound bag of salt and a two pound bag of peppercorns, sells those, and then cools it because he's worried if he gets noticed he'll get enslaved. Dropped out of that one when I found out he starts buying slaves, though.

The related one, 80,000 gold or whatever (what I've been calling the Arbitrage Isekai), she vacillates between not doing that (i.e. trying to maintain some kind of tech hygiene) and just giving zero shits about it (oh yeah, I've got fresh fish. And DVDs. And GUNS. AND I'M GOING TO SUMMON A PMC (though that's after she gets hit with an arrow and in-dialogue says "Well, I've been trying to not destabilize this entire civilization, but they shot me so gently caress that.")

yea, I dropped it after that when I just wanted a standard economy isekai, and she just backpedals totally on trying to not interfere too much on the world. Could have skipped all that and found another excuse to get to the town building phase.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

that's when I dropped it.

I just felt she flip flopped on her personal set rules too easily, and felt the story could have progressed without having to go there.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Started Dead Mount Death Play anime episode

I read the manga a bit a while ago, but kind of lost interest because wasn't sure what it was trying to do with turning it into a mystery series

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Academy's Undercover Professor getting a bit better after the really big letdown of the werewolf arc

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i feel like even/if the main series ends, there's so many things to make a spin-off series of to just keep making content.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

still reading a bunch of isekai, but just not ones I find interesting enough to share

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

there's a similar one.
setting is a towers thing where people have to battle up the floors. With a regression setting.

So within the MC, is all the paths he took. Warrior/mage/alchemist ect. Along with the many path, even though its the same kind, they all have different ending personalities and experiences. And the MC can draw on experiences and skills from them (but he doesn't know it, they all reside in his head in a kind of roundtable format) and try to subconsciously guide him to build resonance with their path to lend their skills. Pretty sure all of them met a dead end, and this one is the current run.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i read regular manga chapters set to all on one page anyway

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

couldn't get into Estate Developer much.

Trash in the Courts Family was just better in every way for that type of character

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mushoku Tensei S2 ep00 is out.
Not a recap episode.

Nice to see Ariel animated, one of my slight favorites for the side characters, she looks a bit shorter than how I imagined her though.
Slyph just appearing in the sky probably means a boatload of other people did as well, and didn't have magic to save them, so they probably just went *splat*

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

most manga adapations of LNs die in like a volume or on a cursed monthly run, so 10 volumes is very impressive

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

dipwood posted:

Been reading The Amazing Village Creator: Slow Living with the Village Building Cheat Skill (not on mangadex but on other sites) and it scratches that building sim itch.

with such a common setting, sucks that there isn't that many real games of these types. like village sims and such. I know they are some, but its all mostly military.

its like the villainess type isekais. The otome villaniness setting games...don't actually really exist. its a mix of common tropes smashes together that's easy to write off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Looks neat, though I think to myself if human surgery skills would be as effective on beastmen, and other demi-humans with different anatomy systems. Especially with the Chimera, sounds more like a vet. situation.

Loved the Trauma Center games. Other than the weird Trauma Unit one which was just kind of a hospital mini-game simuator