Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
After three whole chapters, why continue with anything interesting or different from the sea of garbage? :iiam:

I wonder if future novels written by machine learning will be more original or less. Less effort, certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I noticed this in (both episodes I watched of) Shield Hero as well -- both are using matriarchal societies as plot points, but only on a surface level. The school has some noblewomen harassing the protagonist, but most authority figures and supporting characters are actually men.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Paracelsus posted:

The manga for Mob does eventually touch on why the society is structured that way. I don't think it's particularly accurate to say that most authority figures in Mob are male; the men we see are largely children of the aristocracy, but within households they are still going to be subservient to their wives or masters. Men can also be chattel.

Well, which authority figures are you thinking of? The kingdom faction leaders are a marquis, duke, and king. Oh, and it's called a kingdom. If the first two have wives pulling their strings it hasn't been on camera. The queen's been more of a backroom dealmaker but I'm not sure which one is in the royal line.

Over in the enemy country there's been male knights and fleet leaders. It's their job to go die in war, so fair enough, but it makes them more active in the story. I'll reserve judgement about the two princesses until their scheme comes to fruition, but so far they've just schemed against dumbasses and used a magic flute.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Surviving The Game as a Barbarian is a game isekai that looks promising. There are no stats or status screens, at least so far. Also the game is a masocore dark fantasy dungeon roguelike.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Is there any kind of useful RSS or bookmarking service? A lot of non-mangadex sites change the URLs on a near-weekly basis, which also clears their own bookmark system. Maybe they work if I'd make an account, but I don't want to.

I understand changing the exact locations of the images to prevent hotlinking, but is it really necessary for the main landing page for a comic?

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Reminds me of how I ignored Mob Psycho 100 for the longest time. What, there's a psychopath in the mob? And he killed a hundred people or something? I like OPM but ehhhh.

Then after a few episodes of the animation, of course I read the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Modern Villainess was an interesting read, but the concept bothered me somewhat. The action is all about using foreknowledge to acquire financial influence and avert disaster, but the story makes it very clear that she reincarnated in a post-WW2 alt history. Japan wasn't nuked, the pre-war aristocracy and zaibatsu remained in place, but financial institutions from your home world are not only somehow there, but still have events predictable down to the week?

Predicting technology and investment opportunities in foreign markets are one thing; I like that Japan isn't the center of the world for no reason. But a change of that magnitude 50 years ago isn't going to be a tiny butterfly effect.

Or did I or the translation miss something? It seems like it being isekai creates a gaping plot hole that's just ignored. On the other hand, if it wasn't, she'd also have foreknowledge about her personal future (instead of only finance) which is what seems to be coming up in the second arc. You'd have to do a partial amnesia regression, I guess? I don't think I've read one of those.

The alt history politics start getting a bit interesting in the second arc, even though I kept reading for the Japanese financial minutiae. Maybe the plot hole is actually good if it makes the story interesting? Like how sometimes it just casually goes my funds were getting low, but oh look, my tech investments paid dividends of several billion dollars again which, yeah ok, seems odd at first, but constantly updating her ledger would actually kill the pacing. Well now I'm rambling and don't even know what I want from this anymore; I'm going to bed.

tl;dr: two differently themed manga conjoined in a teleporter accident and it's certainly interesting. And has a lot of very bright white background. Don't read it at 1 AM like I did.

Mordecai fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Feb 16, 2024