Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Elf Can't on a Diet is the horniest reverse isekai if that counts for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Ressentiment is a very good manga about a VRMMO that I would maybe describe as anti-isekai.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Solo Leveling doing a chimera ant speedrun is way more fun than it should be.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I recently remember a book I read in highschool, 'Godslayer' part one of the "Bifrost Guardians' series. It was published in 1987 and written by an author from Iowa. Here's the publisher's summary:

quote:

Torn away from the midst of firefight in Vietnam and catapulted to a time and place where the Norse gods fight a deadly war of their own, Al Larson finds himself locked into an elvish body on a world where swords and spells are the means of battle. Al must adapt swiftly or die. For the gods have marked him as their own private battleground, and Al’s only chance rests in completing the quest Freyr has set him, a quest that will lead him to the very gates of Hel, where he must save a god—or destroy one.

He sucks real bad at fighting but is granted a magic sword that when holding it makes him a master swordsman, because the sword is actually a swordsman locked locked in a sword. Also he goes by the name Allerum, because when someone asks his name he says 'Al' then feels embarrassed cause that's a poo poo name for an elf, starts stuttering 'er.. um' and then everyone just calls him Allerum. It's a dope western Isekai.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

What really annoys me, is that GATE doesn't even lean into the "well the main character is an otaku, and otakus accustomed to isekai tropes are naturally better at dealing with these situations", it's just purely nationalistic. I'd love to see a GATE but every major nation gets a portal to a different continent with different styles of fantasy and they all leverage their own national story tropes/history/resources to their advantage while logistics actually matters.

Gimme cool magic/medieval politics/logistics poo poo! Make the portal smaller so that vehicles have to be assembled on-site! That massive army attacking the base at the start of the series would've actually been an interesting adversary if they just had infantry and maybe a Humvee or two. Once you get jets and attack helicopters, while the enemy is entirely defanged, there's just no fun.

https://mangadex.org/title/41850/ihoujin-dungeon-ni-moguru
"It was in 1946 that Earth learned of the existence of other worlds. As expected, many countries immediately tried to send people into the other world, hoping to obtain vital resources or mystical treasures. None of them came back.

And to be fair, Souya never expected to be one of those explorers. But here he was, accepting an offer by a shady company to get enough money to save his little sister. Launched into another world, he soon finds that his journey will be a hard one - not only have his teammates gone missing, but a majority of his food and weapons supply was destroyed in the transfer"

It's only four chapters but it seems alright.
I really liked the first chapter but then everything starts getting way too easy for him. Very strong opening, though.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

The prehistoric isekai absolutely owns.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Jon Irenicus posted:

now I need an Isekai where someone makes a big deal about changing the world with their knowledge of physics / chemistry / medicine but doesn't actually have anything beyond surface level or practically. yeah good job genius penicillin comes from mold, now go ahead and tell me how to get that and make it a drug

This would just end up being something like "How I Tried to Revolution Medicine in Another World, but I Became a Slaver Instead!"

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Jobless Reincarnation:
Rudeus is a bad person, he has gotten less despicable as the series has gone on but dude has a long way to go. Also Rudy would probably recognize Sylphie if she were openly female, still had green hair, or wasn’t wearing sunglasses. Really any of those would be enough.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Nitrousoxide posted:

I dunno. I've not watched this season or that episode, but sexually assaulting a girl seems pretty bad! Even worse than anything else I'm aware of him doing up to now! Sounds like he's gotten worse if anything!

Maybe I'm missing some context or the OP didn't really state things right, but it sounds like he's a bad guy who's soul Mangod would have been better off sandblasting to oblivion before the series started.

He has literal done the exact thing before, I’m pretty sure. He grabbed her boob.

Honestly I’m just glad we are in a place where doing what this character did is seen as an incredibly bad thing and not just resulting in being smacked by a mallet out of nowhere and getting a cartoon bump on his head.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Jobless Reincarnation is a series I got into after seeing a clip of Rudeus' Party vs Orsted in season one and finding it to be my favorite anime fight since GaoGaiGar (Guy) vs GaoFighGar (Mamoru) in GaoGaiGar FINAL, both of which are highly enhanced by having context from the greater series. Honestly an all-time great anime fight. I recommend this series to almost no one because Rudeus is so awful, he can only look good when compared to a few other Isekai protagonists but that's like saying someone isn't so bad when you compare them to serial killers. I personally have a soft spot for the series for a few mostly spoiler-heavy reasons from the light novels. Haven't read the webnovels, though. The anime leaves out a lot of Rudeus' internal monologue which is both a blessing and a curse, leaving that out of the section from the beginning of this season when he's depressed is honestly a huge loss for the series in my opinion. That was one of my favorite parts of the series.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

got a link to that fight? i'm not watching that fuckin' show but i'm always up for a gorgeously animated fight scene.

https://youtu.be/okEjdqtG5b4?si=iuDIremU0h17zL6d

Has a ton of lovely jump cuts to avoid copyright on all the youtube clips I could find, it’s episode 21 and is the first half of the episode if you want it in higher quality on one of the official streaming sights like Crunchy.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I don’t really get the hype for Space Isekai but I just re-watched Outlaw Star like two weeks ago so maybe it’s because I’m comparing it to that.

Unrelated but I feel like having the antagonist of a fantasy series be an isekai’d person or group of people is an under-utilized concept. Star Ocean 3 kind of goes that route, if I’m remembering right. Hard to search for this kind of thing, since a bunch of edgelords want an isekai’d villain protagonist when I search for “isekai’d villain”. Overlord has had a few bits and pieces to where it shifts to someone else’s perspective who has to deal with Ainz, for instance. But what if that was the whole deal? Any suggestions for a series where the villain or villains are the reincarnated in another world folks instead of the hero or heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I’m reading the Riverworld books and am on the second one which is starring Mark Twain and it’s very cool. Riverworld anime when? Doesn’t need to follow the books just be in the same universe. Have Oda Nobunaga taking over a massive swathe of the river and then fight Genghis Khan or something