Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Solo Levelling/I Alone Level-up was a really good manhua with some great art so I went on to the actual novel version after I caught up on the available chapters and it was a very enjoyable read even if it kinda goes a little crazy toward the end (but the kinda crazy I still want to see drawn).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Dimensional Mercenary has been a decent filler between chapters of Solo Levelling, along with any other lovely isekai that pops up.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Kegslayer posted:

Isn't the King's Avatar just about a gamer starting a new character on a new server?

I had no idea it was popular enough for an anime and a tv series.

I've been reading this since it was mentioned and I'm wondering if the chapters are normally pretty short or if that's just a lovely scanlation group that's splitting up chapters as they go?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Nalin posted:

I really don't know which thread the put this in, so I chose this one. It isn't an isekai, but has otome game tropes, but isn't really a romance thing either.

But, The Holy Grail of Eris looks to be a wild ride so far.

Not technically an isekai though. More of a period drama.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Captain Invictus posted:

in 20 chapters she will discover french fries and then she'll get chubby and have to work out

Oh nooooo definitely not looking forward to that

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Venuz Patrol posted:

i think solo leveling mostly does a good job of supplying an absurd teen power fantasy while avoiding the absolutely rancid misogyny most other entries in the genre are filled to the brim with

lol at the girl who is disgusted at the smell of male adventurers but is mysteriously attracted to the protagonist, tho

Massive novel spoilers: They go on a date toward the end of the story but ultimately it doesn't work out. He's pretty ambivalent toward relationships in general.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

khy posted:

New Isekai that looks like it may very well be good

Wicked Trapper : Hunter of Heroes

The MC is a game dev that produces insanely challenging traps and dungeons, and gets fired because his poo poo is too hard. So he's summoned to hell where he gets to use his trap mastery to murder the poo poo out of heroes.

So edgy. Gonna be a fun read I bet.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Yes, the gag is that circumstances always leave him naked as soon as he finds some clothes. Conveniently there's a tribe of human nudists in the world as well, so it's just assumed he's part of them.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/36197/makenshi-no-maken-niyoru-maken-no-tame-no-harem-life

Dude gets iseaki'd as usual but brings his ancestral swords with him into the new world. One of the swords transmogrifies into a big titty lady who the MC promptly fucks

Any other stories about a dude who wants to gently caress swords? Or other psuedo-inanimate objects?

I can't believe you didn't even mention the protagonist is a sociopathic murderer at 16 who died in a swordfight in the present day lmao

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
The climax of the Jeju island raid in Solo Leveling has finally begun, so I'm looking forward to all the sick panels to come.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Jose posted:

so he resurrects in a fantasy world except the people in charge gently caress it up and he becomes insanely strong yet level 5. extremely original but its entertaining enough so far

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/series/survival-of-the-sword-king

Hey this is pretty good. A lot of good visual gags too.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Taikuri posted:

My only problem is that MC is now all powerful God, shrugging off punches that instakill superpowerful S++ class humans, that apparently are WAYYYY below his omnipotence.

This comic was solid until he gained demon waifu just because he is too cool to not to, and it hit me how much we were have U turned to powerfantasy cesspit.

Author better drop some dope plotlines after he curb stomps the ant, or MC just gonna become way too Kirito-but-Korean.

But this 100%

The demon waifu got left in the special dungeon. We'll start getting into the real meat of the story and actual opponents after this arc.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

AtomikKrab posted:

Dungeons are really more either extradimensional prisons or in the case of that specific one I think it was the Demons Homeworld… so presumably they keep on living their best lives in the post-apoc wasteland he created.

Spoilers: That specific dungeon only exists inside the System. So it ceased to exist after it was cleared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

and also the mc's sister wants to gently caress him

Frankly I'm more surprised when they don't.