Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
does anyone have advice on buying a bench grinder for lapidary work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I guess it depends on relative costs. I have access to alot of smaller rough stones. nothing very large or hard. There is some opal, garnet, and emerald I'd like to try first. I've also seen these flat grinders that spin like a turntable. I basically want the cheapest option that isnt complete garbage. But i'm probably not, say, cutting slabs of diamond or sapphire. My basement is kinda small though, so I am looking to use this exclusively for lapidary work.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I think the flat grinders are what I'll look into then. I'm about to join a local mineral group. But if 500 or so can get me started I might just take the plunge. That all u need looks good, any recommendations on an adjustable arm for faceting? I saw some stuff on amazon. Like the whole setup for about 700 but there were no reviews. If I could get a good arm to go with that all u need, that should let me try basically anything

Prince Reggie K fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 26, 2019

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

Well, I read through all of that finally, and im not sure what im doing yet, but when I do get started ill be sure to post some pics.