Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
NY Post is reporting that ESPN+ is close to get Bundesliga rights starting 2020-2021 season.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/31/espn-...=site%20buttons

This season will still be with FOX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

hopterque posted:

No, it was the full game.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/dfl-in-longer-term-negotiations-after-amazon-nets-one-match-bundesliga-deal/

It seems like because of the coronavirus, DAZN cancelled the contract that it had to the Bundesliga. So those rights are available and Bundesliga agreed an one match deal with both DAZN and Amazon. All of this are for rights only in Germany and Austria.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Keyser_Soze posted:

^^SAME :argh:

We've had a very good run of "free" coverage here :911: on FoxSports 1,2 for the last 6+ years and received (I'm guessing) 95% of all the games, since those channels were usually included in a standard TV package.

ESPN is only showing 4 matches on their regular channel this year, and I'm pretty sure yesterday's was 1 of them. I'm not very motivated having to pay ESPN+ $6/month (and use their dumb separate app) going forward to watch. Hopefully ESPN+ implodes and the matches go to ESPN's normal channels.

I don't want to go back to the dark days of pre-2010 watching on laptop via shady russian streams, etc. :smith:

I would not say 95% were on Fox Sports. Maybe 50% of matches were on TV and the rest were on their streaming platform or Fox Soccer Plus that no one pays for. Also not everyone gets Fox Sports 2 as it can be in a higher tier package and that is where they stick most of the Bundesliga matches.

With ESPN+, it is a much better streaming platform than Fox Soccer Match Pass.