Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hizawk posted:

Holy poo poo, Dolphins.

Certainly Flores is the last former Patriots coach to be hired as a HC. Surely the rest of the NFL realizes how toxic that tree is. It's... Like, beyond statistically impossible for a successful coach to have such a rotten coach tree.

Josh McDaniels will be hired as the Patriots HC when Bill retires, and they're currently running without a DC. If no one else hires a Patriots coach as their HC, that's the only reason why.

And the other 31 teams are dumb enough they might start hiring position coaches and poo poo below OC/DC from the Patriots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

OxySnake posted:

When he says that Mahomes cant throw an out route like him does he mean Mahomes doesnt accidentally almost throw it into the stands?

Not sure I have ever watched a guy regularly enough like Kizer whose accuracy was so putrid. Like regularly would lead receivers to their death and or be way off on wide open dudes on the simple crossing routes.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Colts locking up those Brady Backups lol

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/1168632228361965577

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Somebody is coming for Gases throne of most toxic coach

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1168587848494342144

He's really genuinely afraid of asking about the trades, so instead he's...going to talk about it in the media?

The Kenny Stills/Jay Z was some dumb coach stuff but good grief you dorks he's expressing surprise in a tongue in cheek way.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1168635665036271618

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

:thunk:

2020 Potential FA QBs

Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Eli Manning
Philip Rivers
Teddy Bridgewater
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Chase Daniel
Case Keenum

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So Hoyer got 3 years and Brisset got 2......

trade for Rosen you fucks

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
I doubt Brisset would want more then two. He gets a nice a payday now in case he plays like poo poo, and if he cements himself as the starter he gets a huge payoff in fairly short order.

He also doesn't have an agent apparently, so a little extra change.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HOT SEAT THREAD Y'ALL https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897736

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Average rate for what I think will be an average quarterback. Keeps him locked in for a few years while we evaluate how to proceed. Worst case, we can dump him with our massive cap space.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’d love for someone to compile the amount of money all of Brady’s backups have collectively made throughout their careers.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Can't argue with their methods, looks good to me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I like this simulation:

Conference championships:

Saints 17, Rams 10: Finally, justice. Sure, it was nice for the Saints to beat the Rams in the regular season, but they held the grudge from last year for 12 full months. And they got the opportunity to really pay back L.A. Defense stole the show, too, stifling McVay and Jared Goff.

Chargers 34, Texans 26: Rivers is just flying now. He and Keenan Allen are tearing up defenses. Hunter Henry has broken out to become one of the game's top receiving tight ends. And Bosa picks up a trifecta of sacks against Watson, who is prone to take them. In the end, Rivers is finally going to the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl LIV: Saints 40, Chargers 33

In a meeting of the No. 1 (Saints) and No. 2 (Chargers) offenses in the NFL, Brees is back on top. A decade after he and Payton beat Peyton Manning and the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV, the duo get it done again. It's heartbreak for Rivers, having come so close to finally winning that elusive championship, but he comes up a touchdown short. He says you'll have to simulate the offseason to find out whether he's coming back for a 17th season at 38 years old, but FPI leaves us at the Saints' victory parade down Bourbon Street.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Uniform schedule

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

-Bill Belichick

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’d love for someone to compile the amount of money all of Brady’s backups have collectively made throughout their careers.

Couldn't find numbers for Rohan Davey, didn't care about anybody else, going by Spotrac career earnings so the active guys can still add to it.

Matt Cassel - $65,494,057 :lol:
Jimmy Garoppolo - $63,408,637
Brian Hoyer - $22,881,470
Ryan Mallett - $9,516,798
Jacoby Brissett -$4,472,575

That Which Squeaks fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 3, 2019

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

That Which Squeaks posted:

Couldn't find numbers for Rohan Davey, didn't care about anybody else, going by Spotrac career earnings.

Brian Hoyer - $7,275,000

I thought hoyer had made about twenty mil

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

That Which Squeaks posted:

Couldn't find numbers for Rohan Davey, didn't care about anybody else, going by Spotrac career earnings.

Brian Hoyer - $7,275,000

Brisset gets to add a good chunk to that, and I'm legitimately kinda shocked Hoyer hasn't made more than that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brian Hoyer's made $15.7m according to: https://overthecap.com/player/brian-hoyer/625/

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Spotrac says 23M: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/brian-hoyer-7035/cash-earnings/

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

-Bill Belichick
Huh, wonder how I messed that up, edited.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The first game that isnt on a weekday or before 6am in Japan is six weeks into the schedule and starts at 10:30 at night for me.

Then americas dumb as gently caress time changes happen and the rest start at 11:30 at night for me.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Man there's a name I haven't thought about in like 15 years.

And after pulling him up on wikipedia, that was a sorry rear end year to be drafting a quarterback: "Davey was the 6th quarterback taken in the 2002 NFL Draft, behind David Carr of Fresno State, Joey Harrington of Oregon, Patrick Ramsey of Tulane, Josh McCown of Sam Houston, and David Garrard of East Carolina."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1168572095883669504?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

NOOOO

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

a neat cape posted:

Uniform schedule

Those royal blues are fuckin fresh!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

goodnight sweet prince

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

Those royal blues are fuckin fresh!

it's easy to fight over which one is best but i dont think the chargers have ever had a bad uniform

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mega64 posted:

goodnight sweet prince

The best part of this IR is that his injured ligament doesn’t support anything and won’t require surgery. It’s just a nagging pain for a couple weeks. This is a transparent stash.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

LabyaMynora posted:

And the other 31 teams are dumb enough they might start hiring position coaches and poo poo below OC/DC from the Patriots.

That's what literally happened with Flores. He did call plays last year, but officially he was only ever a linebackers coach.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Lost Season posted:

That's what literally happened with Flores. He did call plays last year, but officially he was only ever a linebackers coach.

poo poo, I thought he got the title of DC after Patricia left.

It's already begun...

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/1168690527618895872

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/alltwentytwo/status/1168579528442044416?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ross you've been subtweeted

https://twitter.com/Melvingordon25/status/1168643116825374720

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Get over it, Eric.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DOCTSON! WE GOT DOCTSON HERE!!!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted: