Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah if the Chiefs actually want him to stay then signing him now works out in their favor.

Because if he gets a bunch of sacks again there is zero chance the Chiefs can afford him next year. They could franchise him I guess. Anyway it's cheaper to get it done now but also Chris Jones could regress in the new 4-3.

He's really quick though, agile feet.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2018-elite-performers/0ap3000001012494/Every-sack-by-Chris-Jones-2018-season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Lions got Daniels

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1154847230500716544

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That’s perhaps only eclipsed by Minnesota as the funniest place he could’ve signed.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1154853721773400064

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
yeah the Lions D-Line has become surprisingly stacked over this offseason, starting with the Snacks trade last year.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I was thinking Jones was on his second year last year for some reason and heading into his third. That changes the situation a little bit.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1154850149996355589

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Acebuckeye13 posted:

yeah the Lions D-Line has become surprisingly stacked over this offseason, starting with the Snacks trade last year.

At the very least they better be drat good against the run. Which against some teams should be enough to win them games

All of those guys are great run defenders and a couple of them are pretty good pass rushers.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

fumbling out the endzone is awesome. want to keep the ball? HOLD ON TO THE BALL!

People whining about this hate fun . The endzone is a special place on the field and I am happy to alot special rules for it. Play was absolutely right that the drama is real and the competition committee is right that it happens like 3-5 times in a whole season which is not enough to warrant a change

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Fumbling out of the end zone is loving stupid.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I saw the idea to move the ball out to the 20 but keep possession, which seems like the best idea I've heard.

Penalizes the team fumbling out of the end zone because the end zone is 'special' but doesn't reward the defense overmuch for letting the ball get down there in the first place and then forcing a fumble but not recovering it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

you fuckers won't be happy until defenses don't have chance in hell at stopping anyone will you

Strobe posted:

Fumbling out of the end zone is loving stupid.

it is stupid, hold onto the drat ball if you want a touchdown idiot (not you, I'm talking to the theoretical player who fails to do this)

Honestly, I'd be pretty stoked if fumbles out of bounds ALWAYS revert to the defense. But I won't seriously suggest it because I think y'all heads would explode. Defenders are already limited enough in so many different ways

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Diva just doesn't want to participate in camp.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Diva just doesn't want to participate in camp.

he flew a hot air balloon there

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Fumbles out of the endzone will get changed the minute it happens in a high profile game especially if it's the playoffs. Just get it over with before some fanbase and all of sports media throw a tantrum about being robbed.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Play posted:

you fuckers won't be happy until defenses don't have chance in hell at stopping anyone will you

Offensive success is way more interesting than an offensive wet fart the defense didn't earn.

Also it gave the ball to the Pats this year in a game that was actually close until that moment, so double gently caress that rule for literally ruining a good game.

Grittybeard posted:

I saw the idea to move the ball out to the 20 but keep possession, which seems like the best idea I've heard.

I like this.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Acute altitude sickness

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strobe posted:

Offensive success is way more interesting than an offensive wet fart the defense didn't earn.

They earned it by poking the ball out in the exact perfect place when the offense needs to protect the ball. Stripping the ball is the opposite of something the defense didn't earn.

Strobe posted:

Also it gave the ball to the Pats this year in a game that was actually close until that moment, so double gently caress that rule for literally ruining a good game.

So you get rid of the rule when the Patriots have only benefitted from it!!?? no no no. they need to feel the pain as well

I do get where you're coming from a bit more now, I don't remember that one but I'm sure it pissed me off too. Generally I think it's awesome though and the more unpredictable and surprising a game is the more fun to watch

You know what, gently caress it. Fumbles out of bounds should ALWAYS result in a change of possession. Keep in mind this would also apply to returns, interceptions, etc. so it could hurt defenders too although more likely to affect offense. I want every game to be a painful and glorious roller coaster of emotions

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
All of the times that rule has happened that I can think of came from a runner trying to stretch the ball to the pylon and losing it right at the corner. That dive kicks rear end and is the best part of most drives where it happens and a rule that makes that a turnover is stupid.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strobe posted:

All of the times that rule has happened that I can think of came from a runner trying to stretch the ball to the pylon and losing it right at the corner. That dive kicks rear end and is the best part of most drives where it happens and a rule that makes that a turnover is stupid.

I remember a few occasions in the last couple season when a runner breaks away from the defense, think he's clear to get into the end zone and a defender comes up behind him and pokes it out. Sometimes the runner is even already showboating which is an extra special treat for my perverse mind.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Anything that discourages the pylon dive is a bad rule, this one is just egregiously bad for also flipping the entire game

Play
Apr 25, 2006

When a player takes a "risk" like that it should be an actual risk, not a pretend risk. But we can agree to disagree, seems like there are some people who have bad memories of this happening to their team and others like me that just prefer maximum chaos in a football game by any means necessary. Not to mention that none of this has much to do with training camp, where I doubt this rule applies lol

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm pro field-switch. The stakes should be raised as you get closer to the goal line. The idea of losing the whole drive because fuckers can't hold onto the ball? Wahhhh.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Play posted:

When a player takes a "risk" like that it should be an actual risk, not a pretend risk. But we can agree to disagree, seems like there are some people who have bad memories of this happening to their team and others like me that just prefer maximum chaos in a football game by any means necessary. Not to mention that none of this has much to do with training camp, where I doubt this rule applies lol

Right, I always forget you don't have a team.

Weirdo. :v:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Been watching All Or Nothing, and having never paid special attention to the Panthers before, I'm pretty impressed by Cam as a leader. Dude seems to do a good job of firing guys up and calling out good work no matter who did it.

These things are edited to tell a story, so maybe off camera he's throwing giant pissbaby tantrums we don't see. But yeah I was legit impressed by the way he handled himself and things like telling Rivera he'd reach out to Eric Reid to recruit him etc. I already liked Cam and the show still raised my opinion of him a lot.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
All fumbles that go out of bounds should be a turnover. You want the ball, hold onto it :colbert:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Fumbles out of the endzone will get changed the minute it happens in a high profile game especially if it's the playoffs. Just get it over with before some fanbase and all of sports media throw a tantrum about being robbed.

I predict it'll be the dumb unlucky thing that screws the Saints over in the playoffs this year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
:toot: :hawksin:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1154906461618802689?s=19

I mean he was in a helmet and pads today so I figured this would happen but, still cool

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Mega64 posted:

I predict it'll be the dumb unlucky thing that screws the Saints over in the playoffs this year.

The Super Bowl. Look at the trend.

2017 - Heartbreaking loss in divisional round.
2018 - Heartbreaking loss in conference championship.
2019 - Heartbreaking loss in Super Bowl?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
2020- heartbreaking loss in Pro Bowl

e- oh poo poo that'd mean another NFCCG loss wouldn't it :)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Go biblical on A.A. Ron, Mike.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Daniels76/status/1154819118492770305

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

he's been a huge disappointment so whatever

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

That's Jordan Peele in a fat suit and you can't convince me otherwise

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

between Hockenson apparently dominating training camp and our D-line becoming terrifying, I feel something resembling... optimism? Like we might manage to lose a wild card game again this year?

can't wait to see my hopes completely crushed by week 3

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

between Hockenson apparently dominating training camp and our D-line becoming terrifying, I feel something resembling... optimism? Like we might manage to lose a wild card game again this year?

can't wait to see my hopes completely crushed by week 3

Dude, you should know better. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, now. This is still the Lions until proven otherwise.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

shirts and skins posted:

That's Jordan Peele in a fat suit and you can't convince me otherwise

Eddie Lacy’s back and no one told me?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1154884103583309824

FizFashizzle