Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Steamworld Dig is surprisingly fun for how simple it appears on its surface and I've been meaning to pick up #2 for a little while.

Also I can't get the video to load for some reason, is it just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Ahhh you forgot to go back and get that big Orb stockpile near Cave II :orb:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I actually went back and started a new game on the 3DS version of this, so thanks for the inspiration. Maybe I'll finally pick up #2 once I finish.

Are certain map elements like loot and enemy placement randomized? It feels like my first stratum was different than what yours looked like but it's also tough to tell since you can dig through it however you want.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Ahhhhhhhhh you gotta start going into these challenge rooms and upgrade areas with an empty pack, you're leaving so much dang money behind!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Started from the bottomtop, now we're here.

I like that the game vomits money and orbs on you at the end so you don't have to miss out on any upgrades. But are you unaware of the Water Seal that Biff still has to sell you, or just ignoring it on purpose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
"Height: 1 Tile" is a great gag so I'm already on board with this.