Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
As someone who bought the game during the black friday sale and 100%'d it because of this LP, I have to say: game is good.

Knowing and remembering all of your tools can help you circumvent most of your problems. The grenade launcher, the no-damage from your own explosions mod and the grappling hook (to hold you in place) can let you snag annoying up left/up right mineral nodes that you accidentally dug past.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

As I recall, shooting bombs in the air was added with some hesitation. A fundamental part of the Dig experience has always been planning your downward route, and breaking blocks above you and to the right in particular is something that hasn't been allowed before. At this point, I don't think there's anything in the game you can't access except for the final area.

I was glad for it because of the bushwack beehive secret as well. Waiting for the few diagonal bees to get down there was pretty obnoxious. Especially compared to just hitting it with a pressure bomb :v:

And really, once you have the jetpack the world is your oyster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Polsy posted:

Since Lazyfire did this the pressure bomb way already - can’t you just use the horizontal bee he kills at ~34:45 in video 15?
Huh, I coulda swore I watched the pathing of all the bee's for a bit and figured that the diagonal ones were the only ones you'd be able to knock up into the block but there it is.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

As far as I know that's the intended solution. You can also use the bee in the lower left.
I tried lowest horizontal bee in the cave first (which is the one I think you're talking about) and there's indestructible blocks in the way. I also tried attempting to crazy chain them into a diagonal knockback up there but that didn't work how I'd wanted it to.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

... but there's little you can't accomplish with some clever use of the hookshot...
I tried doing some of Lazyfire's grapple tricks and they're pretty hard to pull off. I ended up giving up at one of the optional challenges in the game because I don't find that sort of finicky precision platforming fun (still gave it a good college try though!)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The last blueprint that guy gives you allows you to enter the final Secret Cave of the game (and gives a hint to where it is,) which is just a hard bunch of maps that require you to do some of the weird things Lazyfire figured out.

Some are harder than others. I got stuck on a grapple puzzle that turns off your jetpack, requires you to do a grapple-momentum jump at an awkward angle and the only way out aside from completing the map was to die in lava.

There's also a harder segment of the Vectron chase.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 1, 2020