Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Great choice of game(s), looking forward to the rest of your LP.

I've played both digs and heist and I love all of them. These developers really seem to have a knack of making games that don't feel like they wasted your time but also that you weren't short changed in the time you did have.

Echoing your thoughts on it being made on a budget, as soon as I saw the earth crack animation in the intro jump immediately in to gameplay without a fall scene i was thinking of cut corners.

Anyway, it'll be good to see your reactions to dig 2 when we get there. I'd say it's considerably more polished while retaining all that was good about the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Look, I'm not saying you should create some Geop AssCreed level effort video but if you DID happen to 'acquire additional funding' from your workplace to create some Geop AssCreed level effort video I would definitely watch it.

Or, y'know :justpost:. Was a great LP of a good game but I was looking forward to mine chat when you mentioned that in the OP. Would be good to read what you put together.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah I had a really strong sense of nostalgia as soon as I heard it and I only played this a year ago. Had to reinstall for a second playthrough.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

I think my favourite thing about the temple is the fist-bumping trapdoors that you open with the levers. A great example of the earnest silliness that permeates these games.

And I remember that switch room causing me no end of grief on my first playthrough, but managed to breeze through it in one or two tries when I ran through again at the start of this LP. I guess my grapple hook muscle memory must have stayed with me.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Vectron is a high point in a game that sets a very high bar generally. That tonal shift from what is a pretty upbeat cartoony game to ohshitohshitohshit is really effective.

It was quite funny watching Lazyfire yolo through it, at least in comparison to my own tentative creeping and selective tunnelling trying to avoid detection. But to be fair when it inevitably kicks off everything becomes yolo anyway.

The only thing I think Vectron is missing is there aren't really any secrets in there, but then it'd definitely lose something if you were able to revisit it for the sake of completionism.

Fwoderwick fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 15, 2019

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

It's quite rare for me to watch an LP where I know more about the game than the LPer and so it cuts me deep when I know where a secret is and it slides off screen. Not a complaint though, it's all good.

Lazyfire are you thinking you'll go back and complete the challenge rooms during the LP or just leave them as they stand?

Fwoderwick fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 9, 2019

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Polsy posted:

Since Lazyfire did this the pressure bomb way already - can’t you just use the horizontal bee he kills at ~34:45 in video 15?

I knew that one was going to make it across before it got smeared against a wall, but going back and checking the video was too much :effort:

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Regarding how you're supposed to find some of these secrets. Some are just having a moment of "hmm this is an odd layout", but a lot of them are pretty heavily hinted at if you check the minimap out as you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

I've pretty much 100%'d this game twice but noped super quickly on the secret dungeon content both times. If the individual parts of it were discrete challenges I might have battled away but I no longer have the patience for that kind of thing. I know this is entirely subjective but it's the only part of the game that left a sour taste as it felt a bit unfair and exclusionary in a game that is otherwise very fair and pretty much for everyone. I'm sure plenty of people enjoyed the challenge though.

And I need to get the Fen DLC for Heist sometime so I can reassure myself he's doing ok. (Please let there be a SD3 :ohdear:) Although I'm not sure how continuous the character is with this game as it did come out a couple of years prior.

Anyway, thanks for the LP Lazyfire, it was good to see you do something a bit left field from your usual.