Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Huh, classic fire emblen maps that are 20x20 empty fields. Better walk one unit into a group of 10 other units. Nothing I could do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
so far ive got no complaints about the AI, but im only 3 battles in so itll be a bit before i have any real thoughts on it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
recruiting units from rival squads feels so good. mister steal yo bitch

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Huh, classic fire emblen maps that are 20x20 empty fields. Better walk one unit into a group of 10 other units. Nothing I could do

none of that in this one .. well i guess the random battles are. but youre wasting your day if you do them cos its essentially like going into the batting cage in persona 5 or doing your laundry without kawakami or something.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I like this game a lot :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this explains a lot https://www.google.com/amp/s/mynintendonews.com/2019/07/28/fire-emblem-three-houses-was-primarily-developed-by-koei-tecmo/amp/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They need to farm Pokemon to someone else than Gamefreak as well

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the battle theme is fully loving seared into my brain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does anybody know how you get more bait. I only ever find like 2 worms stuck to the bottom of a bucket somewhere once a month.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

i assume this plays mainly fine in hand held mode???

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Fire Emblem Three Outhouses.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Cart Mountain posted:

i assume this plays mainly fine in hand held mode???

The text is kinda small but no slowdown or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The monastery map, which is already pretty bad regularly, is basically unusable hand held. But in battles and doing inventory stuff it's fine

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Game kicks rear end

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The amiibo Gazebo. Lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Does anybody know how you get more bait. I only ever find like 2 worms stuck to the bottom of a bucket somewhere once a month.

the foreign shops have some iirc, you unlock them i think by doing a battle quest, they're near the other shops in the castle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

the foreign shops have some iirc, you unlock them i think by doing a battle quest, they're near the other shops in the castle

Yeah I just unlocked them and fished 40 times in a row. But I think the Event of the pond only lasts for like 3 casts I caught bucket loads of normal fish for 90% of the bait.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Game kicks rear end

It's so sick, and I'm like 10 hours in and I feel like it's barely even started.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
game fuckin ate my weekend. what the hell

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

HolePisser1982 posted:

:same:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Me too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The battle against The Beast was loving cool. Hell that whole chapter was awsome with the spiral of constant reinforcements, and the sick berserk cutscene of the guy getting eaten by his own spear and then slitting everybody's throats.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

The battle against The Beast was loving cool. Hell that whole chapter was awsome with the spiral of constant reinforcements, and the sick berserk cutscene of the guy getting eaten by his own spear and then slitting everybody's throats.

im further and it just gets cooler

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

The monastery map, which is already pretty bad regularly, is basically unusable hand held. But in battles and doing inventory stuff it's fine

people said the slowdown in Xenoblade 2 was awful as well in handheld, but I found it to be nowhere as bad as people were saying it was. what do other imps think of playing this in handheld mode?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

people said the slowdown in Xenoblade 2 was awful as well in handheld, but I found it to be nowhere as bad as people were saying it was. what do other imps think of playing this in handheld mode?

dunno, been playing it docked. i did one mission in handheld + no slowdown though. but like hte other guy said i hope you can read small text

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

you can zoom in on it. and fast travvel .. if you somehow didnt know

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

There's no slowdown when I play on handheld at all but I only noticed that the loading screens take quite a while before a battle map

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
press B to jump while on the loading screens, is my tip

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I try to carefully guide the sprite to match the loading bar personally

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
this game is awesome but im spending every free time period trying to recruit everyone to my house lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
It hasn’t really picked up for me yet, talking to all my students is fun but after like idk 4 hours I’m only really a couple of battles in. What month do the fights start getting sick? I’m getting ready to fight the lord who’s trying to raise an army against the church

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

AverySpecialfriend posted:

It hasn’t really picked up for me yet, talking to all my students is fun but after like idk 4 hours I’m only really a couple of battles in. What month do the fights start getting sick? I’m getting ready to fight the lord who’s trying to raise an army against the church

two months after that fight, so soon-ish

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im on chapter 11 and ive played 30 hours

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
lets assume theres 25 chapers like the 3ds ones, not counting paralogues .. which will probly start coming thick and fast once my MC has the stats to recruit everyone ... its gonna be like an 80 hour long game. and ive passed at least one crucial decision which probly affects the campaign route/ending. and theres 3 houses

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
and even if the first 2 maps were simple, the rest havent been and neither have the paralogues or "rare auxillary battles". i havent seen a repeat either

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

does anyone else try to hold back the mc/house lord characters in battle? if i push them too far they draw all the enemies' attacks and counterattack everyone into pieces and soak up the exp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

musclebusiness posted:

does anyone else try to hold back the mc/house lord characters in battle? if i push them too far they draw all the enemies' attacks and counterattack everyone into pieces and soak up the exp

It's always tempting to just pwn people with the MC in these games, which is why it's cool now that there's 2 MCs who are both badasses.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

It's always tempting to just pwn people with the MC in these games, which is why it's cool now that there's 2 MCs who are both badasses.

It’s why I loved sacred stones where the MC was actually kind of weak and her royal bodyguard was the absurdly OP one at the start

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

My MC is insanely jacked bc I used all the stat raising items on him so i can convince the recruitable people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I try to carefully guide the sprite to match the loading bar personally

ohhhhhh it’s motion controlled! ty