Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
drat the backgrounds in cutscenes look like dog poo poo! Rest of game is good though. Most the characters seem like more or less normal people with quirks instead of massive idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The optimal strat is to give your jacked mc crappy weapons so they don’t kill enemies and the rest of your scrubs can get free exp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Byleth has been strong but he's not like Chapter 1 Paladin strong for my squad. At least so far

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Ok I’m interested now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Everyone went on about how great and epic and refreshing Fire Emblem Awakening was so I went and got it and all it did was convince me Intelligent Systems is Dead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does anybody know what the level cap is? Getting the class mastery skills before classing up seems to take a while.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

In Training posted:

Does anybody know what the level cap is? Getting the class mastery skills before classing up seems to take a while.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Chexoid posted:

Most the characters seem like more or less normal people with quirks instead of massive idiots.

yeah i'm really digging the characters, they feel like they have actual depth to them. like initially i hated felix for being a massive douchebag to everyone but i'm liking him more as i read his supports

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Felix ftw. I started making him a swordmaster but there's not a single person in Blue Team who could wield a bow worth a drat so I decided to make him a assassin and he's unstoppable.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

musclebusiness posted:

does anyone else try to hold back the mc/house lord characters in battle? if i push them too far they draw all the enemies' attacks and counterattack everyone into pieces and soak up the exp

its normal for the mcs to be stronger .. in fact if u make the mc the mvp in story missions it maxes everyones motivation out so its worth doing for story missions

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my edelgard is literally unhittable though cos i made her a fortress warrior think. and her speed is so high she always hits twice for like 30+ ea. only a mage can make a tiny dent in her 50 hp. other strong characters are sylvain (horse lance), bernadetta (pure archer), shamir (basically almost as good as bernadetta, dorothea (dancer who hits insanely hard with magic).

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
petra needs work .. shes pure sword but i dont need another freaking ranged unit

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Minus Green posted:

yeah i'm really digging the characters, they feel like they have actual depth to them. like initially i hated felix for being a massive douchebag to everyone but i'm liking him more as i read his supports

i like bernie which is funny cos shes the most meme style one

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

im not even bothering to do that. you can go back and get them later anyway once youve passed the exams. ive mastered some classes but not all. theres no way im forcing edelgard to use a sword to get whatever OP poo poo lord gives her

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

petra needs work .. shes pure sword but i dont need another freaking ranged unit

I’ve been speccing her into fist weapons because she looks like a badass doing combos with em. Love it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

im not even bothering to do that. you can go back and get them later anyway once youve passed the exams. ive mastered some classes but not all. theres no way im forcing edelgard to use a sword to get whatever OP poo poo lord gives her

A lot of the beginner class mastery gives push/pull which is god tier moves.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I didn't even know this game had dancers wtf. I need to recruit Dorothea ASAP. I assumed she was thirsty fuckboi bait.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Also I didn't even know this game had dancers wtf. I need to recruit Dorothea ASAP. I assumed she was thirsty fuckboi bait.

its a game event that unlocks the class .. you can pick which character gets to be the dancer it doesnt have to be her

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they need OK charm though. but i think most characters are ok there

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

its normal for the mcs to be stronger .. in fact if u make the mc the mvp in story missions it maxes everyones motivation out so its worth doing for story missions

wtf...ive been delicately micromanaging my fights so that everyone gets their participation trophy

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I said the guy was my dad thinking it was like a joke reaponse but now this guy is just my father lmfao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The narrator is like some cohen brothers movie poo poo and i lolled when he said fargus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

The narrator is like some cohen brothers movie poo poo and i lolled when he said fargus

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

This bitch named flan

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

musclebusiness posted:

wtf...ive been delicately micromanaging my fights so that everyone gets their participation trophy

its just the story missions .. paralogues and stuff its just whoever gets mvp gets the motivation bonus

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I get the sense that no matter how you play this game if you put just a bit of thought into things it'll take care of you

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I have recruited four people just by giving them food and singing with them. Completely bypasses the requirements for recruitment. They just end up joining me.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Manuela is a mess

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Are all of the recruitable characters just the members of the other houses? I’m gonna miss the that lil feel you get when you go into a village and the music plays and you get a solid new character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yERQqvP0598

Baxate fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 30, 2019

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I got through the cutting point at 2/22 (chapter 12) and ended up not recruting 3 students and 3 teachers... unless you are not supposed to recruit seteth, flayn, gilbert and the lightning sword teacher if you oppose the church

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Plutonis posted:

I got through the cutting point at 2/22 (chapter 12) and ended up not recruting 3 students and 3 teachers... unless you are not supposed to recruit seteth, flayn, gilbert and the lightning sword teacher if you oppose the church

yeah they're all loyal to the church, you get them all if you don't stick with edelgard, but you lose her and hubert.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Plutonis posted:

i think therell be new characters. i found anna at least though she isnt in my party

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
spoilers anna is in the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

she shows up in the first like 3 hours she runs the item shop.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

my edelgard is literally unhittable though cos i made her a fortress warrior think. and her speed is so high she always hits twice for like 30+ ea. only a mage can make a tiny dent in her 50 hp. other strong characters are sylvain (horse lance), bernadetta (pure archer), shamir (basically almost as good as bernadetta, dorothea (dancer who hits insanely hard with magic).

Black Eagles ftw

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

she shows up in the first like 3 hours she runs the item shop.

dafuq i didnt see her til the first major event. oh u mean in the battle page. well she has a model and dialogue too etc.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

right arm posted:

Black Eagles ftw

yea.. big fan of hubert. well as a mage hes not really pulling his weight but i like his demeanour

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

yea.. big fan of hubert. well as a mage hes not really pulling his weight but i like his demeanour

hubie rolled some real good magic stats in my first play through. I stole the dark seal or w/e from the death knight and made him a dark mage. I’m on like ch 7 I think? and he is whipping rear end right now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Plutonis posted:

My MC is insanely jacked bc I used all the stat raising items on him so i can convince the recruitable people
It feels necessary to do this if you want go recruit as many people as possible... kind of weird but it's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Dumping all stat boosters on one character has always been the right strategy tbh