Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

SimonChris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU191_COY2k

When he goes "You stay the gently caress back!" I fully expected him to follow with "or I'll laser you all!"

And in the S2 Finale Hood gets the nickname Soldier Boy?

Are you loving kidding me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

roomtone posted:

i'm not trying to be a dick when i say it, but i'll try to say it anyway

Well I've agreed with everything you've said.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
tomelander. he likes books.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/status/1762972542501892258

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Boys is getting a bit creaky with its need to prolong the show. The Soldier Boy plot being a prime example of that. Still has really good acting by the cast, but they really need to land the plane soon.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Homelander on trial seems like a real stall for a season tactic. It seemed like him blowing that dude up was like "OK mask's off for all the world to see now. Really getting to endgame."

Maybe it's done with in an episode but I don't really need to see that he's willing to murder civies and *gasp* he won't submit to the rule of law when found guilty.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It would be funny to have Starr's face acting make a meal out of how aloof and condescending Homeboy is playing along for his own amusement and ratings with the pitiful ants trying to impose their will on him, have them read the guilty verdict, he scoffs and gets ready to fly away and the judge announces "...with sentence to be enforced by the de-powering field we developed in secret by the FBSA and just now turned on in this courtroom" and watch him face act all the shock, disgust, and horror that the ants actually can put him in a cage.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Elephant Ambush posted:

The entire show is chock full of satire. Literally everything about Vought is an over the top parody of modern capitalism and it's all over the place and it's not subtle at all. Every product and commercial they make is comically capitalist in the most consumer insulting way

Also Homelander is literally a Trump parody now

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Shageletic posted:

The Boys is getting a bit creaky with its need to prolong the show. The Soldier Boy plot being a prime example of that. Still has really good acting by the cast, but they really need to land the plane soon.

I've been thinking this since the Deep's subplot hell nonsense with the cult tbh.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
thread going deeper

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Shageletic posted:

Buddy, the plane landed in season 1

Well, OK, not landed per se

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

lol it’s perfect

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5T2MXsT_Sw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:lol: "Honestly it's mind-blowing it hasn't happened already"

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1765074800832393316

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

The comment section going all in on the kafabe with a few chuddy cries for attention is just :discourse:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1774191103484231941

Don't ride motorcycles folks

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
drat, that’s an absolute shame. Another member of the club. :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/genv/status/1774187699513225577

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Poor guy.

Rest in peace.

You did good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Unsurprisingly, Gen V season 2 filming has been put on hold for now.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
He's following Rush Limbaugh in Heaven now. rip

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

He didn't deserve to die but I'm also not gonna miss him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

???

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

He was a good actor. That's sad to hear.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

He was a redpilled transphobic misogynistic antivaxxer racist incel who engaged with other redpilled transphobic misogynistic antivaxxer racist incels on social media, like Andrew Tate. He claimed it wasn't him who liked and retweeted all the redpilled transphobic misogynistic antivaxxer racist incel tweets on social media.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

roomtone posted:

vought isn't a satire of any big american corp, it's just a big american corp. plus superpowers. that's literally it.

Omni Consumer Products isn't a satire of any big american corp, its just a big american corp. plus robot cops. that's literally it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ccs posted:

Omni Consumer Products isn't a satire of any big american corp, its just a big american corp. plus robot cops. that's literally it.

Yes. Your point?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
extremely normal

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I really hope they don't turn Homelander into a cheap Trump stand-in. They did a really good job with corporate coopting of progressive movements (The Maive's vegan tacos joke had me lolling irl), I hope they do the same with his presidential campaign.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Boris Galerkin posted:

He was a redpilled transphobic misogynistic antivaxxer racist incel who engaged with other redpilled transphobic misogynistic antivaxxer racist incels on social media, like Andrew Tate. He claimed it wasn't him who liked and retweeted all the redpilled transphobic misogynistic antivaxxer racist incel tweets on social media.

poo poo, if that's true that's a major bummer.

Add one more to the tally.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Seems unlikely with Kripke at the helm but, since he's dead now, I expect a co-worker or two to weigh in on it.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Jedit posted:

Yes. Your point?

I was making fun of that guy's post claiming Vought isn't satire, when a key component of satire is exaggeration. We can get into the weeds on whether The Boys is good satire or not, but its clearly satire, and its depiction of Vought is a key component of that. Its every american media/pharmaceutical/defense contractor company amped up to 11.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I really hope they don't turn Homelander into a cheap Trump stand-in.

They already did last season

quote:

They did a really good job with corporate coopting of progressive movements (The Maive's vegan tacos joke had me lolling irl), I hope they do the same with his presidential campaign.

"Join the Conversation" on that Pepsi commercial parody had me both laughing very hard and also really angry that that's how capitalism really is

Also they're already making fun of Trump's stupid gold sneakers

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also they're already making fun of Trump's stupid gold sneakers

And just think, now they've got Trump's own Bible to work with.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Monica Bellucci posted:

Seems unlikely with Kripke at the helm but, since he's dead now, I expect a co-worker or two to weigh in on it.

Yeah, I can believe it was more likely a social media admin gone rogue than a black boy who grew up in the UK. Not impossible, but as you say, someone will say something soon if it’s not the case.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Dawgstar posted:

And just think, now they've got Trump's own Bible to work with.

"The only man in the sky is me"

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I can believe it was more likely a social media admin gone rogue than a black boy who grew up in the UK. Not impossible, but as you say, someone will say something soon if it’s not the case.

Honestly, the fact his positions are unclear makes it feel not worth it to sort them out now. I think I'm inundated enough by transphobes who seek to dehumanize me on main, that some now-dead actor who may or may not have had lovely opinions that he mostly didn't express out loud isn't worth unpacking.

It would be ironic for this guy whose prior best-known role was as a very gay warlock on a YA show about a feminist witch to be anti-queer or misogynistic, but assholes abound so who knows? He was a compelling actor, and it still sucks he died at 27.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

"The only man in the sky is me"

"And for just $59.99, you can read about my life story in this autographed book!"