Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Karl Urban really sold the absolute poo poo out of that (EP4) Spice Girls metaphor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I liked the finale. Tied up one of the biggest lose ends for next season in motivating why Homelander wouldn't just murder them all, introducing next seasons big bad and throwing Butchers underlying stake out the window.

I wish I knew where they were going with knock-off Aquaman but I guess we will see.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Still, I'll be tuning in for season 2. God drat that dolphin scene had me cracking the gently caress up. The lobster was a close second.

Knew the second he asked for it be brought up where that scene was going. :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah how is it possible be disappointed with him when he's so deliberately kept out of the way.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The only thing about the Black Noir spoilers I imagine they're keeping is the bit about him being a Homelander failsafe. Currently there is nothing introduced in the TV universe that can even conceivably be a threat to him, much less harm him. For most of the season he's been death incarnate.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I think it's safe to say it's dead.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Her mom was one of those stereotypical pageant moms, right? Because then that would make sense.

Did you sleep through the final episodes by any chance? :psyduck:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The world makes sense again.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The show is dead to me if it uses Doppelganger for a stupid twist like that. Like, instantly burnt goodwill.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dr. Poz posted:

Or the fact that none of the "heros" did a heel turn prior to the events of the show.

Isn't it heavily implied that they did but that it was always successfully covered up? I mean hell even by the end of the season no one knows that most of the seven are bad guys. Even The Deep was handled by good old corporate PR.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zwabu posted:

Homelander actually asks the question in the show, but the only puzzling thing is why The Seven are puppet stooges for a megacorp instead of running things themselves, although the show does seem to be moving in that direction.

Why would they want to run the world though? Sure in a TV-villain sense power-for-powers-sake it's an okay motivation. But if these were actual real individuals why would they want it.

The Seven racket as presented gives fame and fortune and like most real-life celebrities they are comfortable riding that train wherever it goes until the inevitable mid-life crisis. I'm going to go on a limb here and guess that the guy who talks to fish for a living is not interested in the day to day of running political organizations. He wants respect, fame, fortune and meaning, not control of the world.

Sure there's ego just like in real-life. But it makes sense that a preening psycopath like Homelander is the only one who really cares.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 4, 2019

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Midgetskydiver posted:

Loved it up until the cliffhanger season end. I get why shows do it but it still loving sucks. Every season should have its own mostly complete arc. If a show is good then you don't need cheap cliffhangers to keep the audience interested.

Anthony Starr and Karl Urban were perfectly cast. If anything I thought Elizabeth Shue was super unconvincing and wooden.

But we did have a complete arc though...? Starlight and Butcher specifically.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Romes128 posted:

Doubt it since A-Train got his leg snapped in half and Black Nior got pretty messed up. Not everyone's durability seems to be up there with Homelander.

I vaguely remember A-Train being unnaturally tough too before that scene though, and he did recover very rapidly. The TV show seems to be going for supes just being difficult to kill period, outside of the scope of their superpower. Like how Transluscent somehow was resistant to both being poisoned and drowning (???) despite that ostensibly having nothing to do with his powers.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

When is season 2 due?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

boo_radley posted:

does anybody have a recommendation for some free/ cheap video editing software? I have an incredibly stupid idea

Da Vinci Resolve if you have the patience for dreadging through its fidelity and want to accomplish something complicated, Shotcut if you just want to stitch some clips together.