Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Its incredible how the creative team takes The Boys, a great but horrifically flawed series, and surgically extracts the best parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

e: I'll say it: Superman and Lois had better action sequences than The Boys and that's loving shameful considering the budget disparity between the two shows. The former feels like they have a sense of style and are squeezing every last drop out of their budget while the latter are just people punching with the occasional eye lasers shot in a very lazy and pedestrian way.

Eh, this is almost unfair. Superman and Lois' action scenes are pretty great by any measure. Absolutely bonkers they're working with a CW-esque budget.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Homelander is the first superhero-aligned satire of Trump that I think works.

For the past few years DC Comics has tried lazy Lex Luthor references and they're uniformly terrible. Even my beloved Young Justice, otherwise still sharp, has Lex periodically saying "Fake news!" and even a "good people on both sides" at one point.

Which is such a fundamental misread of Lex. The whole drat point of his character is that, if not for his ego, he could literally be a Superman without powers. World Peace? Achieved. Cancer? Cured.

I'm not saying The Boys is subtle but the rapid cutting montage of the radicalized shooter back in Season 2 still sticks with me.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

SirPablo posted:

The Boys parodying life is going to go as well as it (eventually) did for Veep.

In that the final season is widely considered to be some of the best, most biting, and vicious satire in the series?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Banshee is a great time! Its also fun to see Antony Starr grow as an actor. He's Fine-At-Best in the first season but really grows into the role.