Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

spice girls and a dolphin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

it's such a corporate cheese-dick superhero name though, like they focus grouped it. non-offensive pablum.

the only thing missing from homelander's name and image is a baseball cap.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

a fourteen year-old tweeded twat with spooky brain powers would totally call himself 'the mesmerizer'

then vape and post some dank pepe memes.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

karl urban is doing the perfect english accent for this show.

if he sounded any different the show would be lesser for it.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

THE loving SPICE GIRLS SPEECH IM DEAD HOLY poo poo

this scene and how it rolls into the slapstick bit with the dolphin right after, it seriously reminded me of mel brooks. the writers either really get comedy or they're bright enough to steal from great sources and make it fresh.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

what kind of villain were some of you expecting homelander, a superhero fueled by nationalism and hate, to create?

were you expecting the blonde haired, blue-eyed ubermensch to fight the klan or some poo poo? lol.

eternal war is eternal revenue.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the superdupers plotline just took a very dark turn...

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Homelander's already pretty Nazi as it is so wondering what benefit Stormfront could bring to the series.

pr campaign after homelander has a heated gaming moment.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Groovelord Neato posted:

homelander is a perfect representation of america though.

they have him creating his own enemy, it's perfect.

look at who kimiko becomes and who the fbi entraps in their terror suspect stings.

I don't know if that's an intentional parallel though.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

"vote for me or I'll laser all you motherfuckers" is one helluva campaign slogan.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

mesmerizers powers are the sole property of vought industries, llc. any use is forbidden, without prior written consent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Midgetskydiver posted:

If anything I thought Elizabeth Shue was super unconvincing and wooden.

I really appreciated her work, like she was wearing a wooden mask with absolute screaming terror right behind it. show no fear and tiger won't eat you.

also, she can get proper fuckin' weird.