Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I binged the whole thing overnight and I loved quite a lot of it, I wasn't a massive fan of the book either so I don't care much about accuracy there

Am I just a pervert or were they really hinting that Elizabeth Shues character was Homelanders mother? I don't remember if that was in the book, but given his fixation on her lactating, and jealousy of the other baby, they definitely had a mom-son dynamic right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Fourth ep I think is (one OF) the best so maybe give that one a whirl

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Are all of you that like the show voting 5, this should be gold.

Hey.

You're the real heroes.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
You all suck! Except you Black Noir you're doing great

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

bobjr posted:

Does it ever say where Butcher and the team get all the money/supplies they need? Early on Butcher mentions getting funding from the FBI if he got proof, but they never seemed to struggle in that regard

I got the impression Frenchie was some sort of black market gun runner slash drug dealer, don't know about the rest

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Amazons already started with season 2 teaser/trailers, unfortunately I can't find it on their official channel so here;s this random guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhWTMq5Z-r0

(It's the 1st 2.5 minutes then just normal youtube blah blah)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Tick (Amazon) is great and everyone should watch both seasons, it actually has more drama than you'd think, and they were building into a big reveal about Tick's nature/origin that we sadly never got. But it's just a neat show.

If you liked The Boys then really, watch The Tick. Many similar beats.

E - that show also has a really cool take on Superman, if you like Homelander

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I don't mean he's like Homelander I mean he's a unique spin on the Superman mythos. It's a fun drat show watch it you got nothing going on.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Season 2 teaser trailer is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmfvwYlTDRw

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

You can love a genre while being disgusted that an entire medium is dominated by mediocre-at-best examples of it.

This seems applicable to all genres and mediums.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Anyone remember this show? Its like Watchmen except, fun to watch.

Some news -- https://www.thecinemaspot.com/2020/04/29/exclusive-the-boys-lands-early-season-3-renewal-at-amazon-season-2-episode-titles-revealed/

- Season 2 did finish filming, won't be delayed and should be out in a couple months
- Season 2 episode titles revealed -- they're super vague as expected but still, some people like to go in fresh!!
- Season 3 has been approved already

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Heres the tweet,

https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/1276588202980065281

Frankly I don't care and am just glad they finished s2 and are able to release it this year. 2020 comeback begins here

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
This is the full round table, and they show the first 3 minutes of episode one at 47:30 (its.. something)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ga1vh4LnVI

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I can't tell what's in Black Noir's visor reflection, but he's doing great! [is it the kid from the first trailer?]

That's definitely Billy, an earlier preview showed him and Noir facing off at one point

Actually you can see it for about 3 frames at around 1:14 --

I love the shark following them, I wonder how The Deep will gently caress it up

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 8, 2020

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'd try to OD him on that serum, maybe in a gas form. But there's a fair chance that makes him way stronger. But if it's a hail mary or nothing, gently caress it.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

I still like that one of the times Shazam k.o. supes in one punch was because
1) Shazam is almost as strong
2) superman is vulnerable to magic
3) Shazam just sucker-punched him

And he feels really bad about it!

*adjusting spectacles* If you mean the Morrison JLA run, that was two punches.. the first one kind of stunned him (...billy?) the second one clobbered him. Thor > Superman

I'm fuckin bored, I was really hoping this would drop in July

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 11, 2020

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

Let's get the thread back on track...

Even without the boat that whale looks pretty hosed, hows it supposed to unbeach itself

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Now, I'm wondering if Starlight tells Hughie that Deep basically raped her, and if that makes Hughie want some special revenge

Not that that scene would have anything specifically to do with it, just seeing them all together

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

I would be on board with TV Black Noir being like Comic The Deep (basically a black guy in a dumb diving helmet getup) who takes one look at the carnage The Boys v The 7 is causing and goes "gently caress this I'm out"

Based on season 1 and the previews for S2, Black Noir seems to have no issues with carnage

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Seems like it's the former.

I thought either that or faking an injury

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
New clip -- this one has what may be considered some spoilers about the 7s group 'dynamic' but nothing major. Still still if you like to GO IN FRESH!! you may want to avoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8I1-CmRF8

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Want that doll

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I am excite

it's getting great reviews (altho I wouldn't read any of them even if you pointed a lazer baby at my head)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_boys_2019/s02

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Watched em loved em, they did give a lot away in advance, I need to avoid trailers and stuff in future

Hughie seemed too emo but he seems to be snapping out of it by ep 3

Stormfront is vile but funny, Homelander is funny but vile, it's a subtle difference

They teased the 'fly' which I know they said was an accident in the 1st season but they may be rolling with it to be something more

Wolverine or a strong imitation was apparently a founding member of the Seven, in that movie pitch of their origin

Kimiko's gonna split Stormfronts wig

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

What? When was that, I think I missed it.

Also Patton Oswalt's character was a surprise

It was a scene where there was a close-up of a light bulb, the camera centers on it and a prominent fly buzzes around and lands on it, then they zoom in on the scene-- I have to re-watch to get the episode and time frame

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Episode 4 -- jesus

Homelanders the most looney tune crazy character I've seen in so long, I can't remember a comparison

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
i love fat kids

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Avasculous posted:

Honestly, this is pretty ground floor for the kinds of requests sex workers get. Hell, an earlier scene in the season had someone getting paid to let a guy chop his arm off with a machete.

I also didn't get any vibe that Doppelganger was kidnapped/threatened into doing it. Based on his 5 minutes of collective screentime, it seemed like he just was really into pleasing people and being whatever they wanted (for money, probably).

Anytime Homelander 'asks' someone to do something the threat is implicit -- other supes know this better than most -- doppleganger couldn't refuse his request regardless if he wanted to or not

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hughmoris posted:

Rewatching the latest episode, I'm finding that I'm not a big fan of Maeve. I'm not sure if it's the the writing or the actress but she just seems to take up space in the scenes she's in. An exception being the plane scene from last season. I guess her having to share scenes with Antony Starr isn't helping any.

Reminds me a lot of Rashida Jones and her time on The Office.

I'll tell you, I don't mind Maeve although she does seem to be over-whelmed in some scenes but I can't tell if it's acting issues or just how someone would be in her situation

The actors I think are weakest of the cast so far (its a very young show at this point)

- A Train
- Starlight

They both seem to over-act a lot and the scenes with the two of them aren't the best

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
My theory on Black Noir is he's looking for Butcher to either ask for help or offer help, maybe with taking down Vaught or back-tracking his own past -- not sure how that would even work, but I don't think it's a straightforward assassination situations

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
i am untethered & my rage knows no bounds

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Mothers Milk is the best character this season so far

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I finally figured out who the Hughie actors face reminds me of, this fuckin dude from Deadwood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQOmFljAKY

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Noir was definitely being deliberate with the traps normally he's quiet as a mouse but he was clearly stomping around to let them know that after each explosion, he was still just fine, he's theatrical if nothing else

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
you think i'm a piece of poo poo?

gently caress yea.

...hmmmm

Deep just can't

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Why was Kimiko so happy to see Starlight? Did she remember her as the one who saved them at end of Season 1, or did they have another interaction I'm forgetting

When Stormfront was showing those pics I really thought she was going to say 'that's my daughter... your mother'

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ah poo poo I just realized who Lamplighter is -- he's the guy who played Iceman in X-men, and now he's playing Pyro

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

Hire the entire X-men cast as extras or minor characters to see if anyone notices.

That cult leader does look like Hugh Jackman :o:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hate Starlights mom

Black Noir is fine!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004