Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'll give it a chance since The Boys turned out so well, but seems like a weird choice for Amazon, wouldn't this and Invincible be pretty similar?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Durzel posted:

Frenchie and Kimiko’s arc about going off to live a happy life just petered out to nothing, a big ol’ reset back to keep them both on the show.

Not at all. They wanted to leave because that was the only way they could see to take control of their lives. Kimiko choosing to get her powers back and Frenchi standing up to Butcher puts them in a place where they know they're doing this because they choose to, and that if they decide they do want to walk they have the power to do so at any time.

Having the final fight take place in the TV studio made me convinced that it was going to end up on the air, especially considering the previous events of the season.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 8, 2022

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Fionordequester posted:

It's odd that they're leaning so heavily into the anti-Trump propaganda (like their version of "I could shoot laser someone in 5th Avenue and not lose a single voter"), like he's somehow still relevant.

I mean... He was a glorified celebrity. He coasted entirely on being "new, exciting, and politically incorrect"... Then fell on his rear end when it mattered most.

Thus, he loses re-election. He gets laughed out of the courtroom. He even gets banned from Twitter.

This would've hit harder a few years ago... But at this point, they're just preaching to the choir, aren't they? Or is it like some sort of weird PTSD thing?

They started filming in February 2021, they would have been writing the episodes in mid-late 2020.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Jedit posted:

There's already an arc here, but it's being overlooked if not wilfully ignored. For example, Marie self-harms to get the blood she needs for her powers because she feels guilt about her parents, but then she learns she can manipulate the blood of other people as well - to help.

Absolutely looking forward to some epic fight where the more people she kills the more blood there is around so the more powerful she gets.

I'm mostly impressed at how strong Emma is. Tunneling through a guys head by hand is hard work.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

When they were talking in the cell one of the shots was explicitly from a security camera in his cell, which seems like a thing that is going to come back up.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Outrail posted:

:lol: he'd be fun to work with

Apparently is. Have you seen the skit he was in as part of Aunty Donnas Big Ol' House Of Fun?

https://youtu.be/p-Jk0E4alrY?si=X2nAwrdJWyhyKh7h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm up for more spin offs if they can have very little focus on superpowers in them and explore this hosed up universe as a caricature of ours pumped up to 11.

I wish we could have seen Breaking Bad play out in this universe, basically the same story except Walter White is cooking temp V.