Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Started yesterday and I'm already done. Been a while since I've binged a show like that.

Very promising first season, I actually liked it quite a bit better than the source material, which isn't something that happens a whole lot. They could have made it a lot more Garth Ennis, but I'm very glad they restrained themselves somewhat and didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
It made me think that someone should have a go at The Losers, but then I remembered that they already made a lovely movie of that, googled it, and uh haha

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

This was alright but the best thing about it imo is it might be popular enough to generate some interest in a Transmetropolitan series.

A dream too beautiful to ever become reality

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's been years since i read the comic but i thought the military could stomp the superheroes if they wanted to.

End of comic spoilers: They do at the very end, but only because they got specalized equipment like supe-seeking anti air missiles etc by way of the CIA and the boys. The weaker supes could probably be killed easily by conventional weapons, but I'm pretty sure the vought duders who killed the G-men also had some kind of special bullets or some bs that they kept to themselves

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Crossed is one of the lamest comic book series I have ever comr across and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you get paid to read it. it's maximum Garth Ennis at his absolute worst

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Boinks posted:

I think you mean opinion free.

An extremely bad opinion

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

FilthyImp posted:

Makes more sense, thanks.

In the comics, though, we do find out that Vought tried a slo-roll supe rollout for the military before:

Not just supes, either! In the comics, Vought is basically the same Vought-Chance aero manefacturer as the historical company that supplied aircraft (the corsair and cutlass) to the US navy in ww2, and also the original supplier of (fictional) m16's to the army in the Vietnam war. The comic-verse corsairs had a fuel tank sitting right behind the cockpit and a non-functioning ejector seat, to predictable results for the pilots. The m16's had magazines basically made from aluminum foil that failed after a few rounds, with equally predictable results for the troops issued with the weapons. They're just an all around great company, just super affordable in terms of procurement

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Panfilo posted:

So far Black Noir hasn't done anything particularly heinous. Even Homelander praised him.

If homelander praises him, we REALLY ought to be concerned about what he's been up to behind the scenes (aside from making a VCU film with Seth Rogen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I loving know I am going to hate myself for asking but what the gently caress? Please tell me this is some weird alternate earth elseworlds bullshit.

Also Hitman is the best. Ellis needs someone standing over him with a rolled up newspaper to swat him and yell "NO" when he tries to get edgelordy. I think Hitman was the only time someone has been there.

I would argue that the editor with blunt weapon was largely there for Punisher Max as well, one of the reasons why it's generally so good- there's a limit to how vile you can get when you're working with a marvel property, even an xr-rated one.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 11, 2019