Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ive never stopped wanting to watch shin godzilla since i first saw the trailer, seen it five or six times and might watch it again today. what movies do you watch over and over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I rarely rewatch anything all the way through again but I gave Mulholland Drive and Red Angel second views.

When I was younger I watched these three a lot:

Amadeus
Pee-wee's Big Adventure
Red Dawn

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Mulholland Drive basically requires multiple viewings, it owns

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Just watched night of the comet again. Very cozy film

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've seen spring breakers probably 15 times since it first came out, the movie is basically seared into my brain shot for shot

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

It's never a bad time to watch spring breakers

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
if you drink enough and watch a movie, if you wake up the next day not remembering anything about it except that you enjoyed it then you can watch it again and it feels like enjoying it for the first time all over again. At one point I watched Con Air and A Night At the Roxbury with my brother so much he could recite the drat movies.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Yes, OP

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

there's a handful of movies i watch regularly. like The Thing (1982), Alien/Aliens, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, 12 Angry Men, a few Arnold movies etc. not necessarily my favorite movies, just cosy

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I've probably seen The Waterboy at least around 20 times or so, and it's on TV later so i'll be adding another one.

I do it more with TV though. At one point I had seen Stargate SG-1 so many times over that I could name the season and episode number just based on a very general one sentence summary of the episode/scene. I can still come close but i've been slacking. It gets a lot harder to remember that kind of thing now that autoplay next episode is standard on basically everything so you don't necessarily see the title when you sstart a new episode.

chumskull
Jun 14, 2019

I have watched Point Break over 365 times, and I know this because I watched it at least once a day for a full calendar year. In general I watch every movie at least two or three times irrespective of its quality

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

That’s real commitment to film watching dang. Was the point break thing a personal challenge or lost bet or something?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When my mom first moved into her own place post divorce we only had like 10 DVDs, and OTA and cable and stuff basically doesn't exist in the mountains. So I've seen Joe Dirt, Waterboy, Ace Ventura 2 and Talladega Nights about 100 times. My dad really loves Hot Fuzz and he watched it like once a week when it came out on disc, too. Basically the whole time I was a teenager I could do these movies line for line. Unfortunately it's been kind of pushed out of my mind but watching any of those is very relaxing for some reason.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I like watching the hateful eight every so often, as well as prometheus. Don’t ask why

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
i saw dark knight 17 times in cinema and force awakens 8 times in cinema ama

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Going to watch the guest again tonight, great Halloween movie and just a joy to watch (and listen to, that soundtrack owns) every time

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah it still fuckin owns, what a great flick. Lmao at the thumbs up at the end every time

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Also watched fury road for the tenth or so time

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Usually I don’t unless it’s been years and years and I’ve forgotten everything but I’ve got a stable that I watch repeatedly: No Country for Old Men, The Big Lebowski, Aliens, the original Magnificent 7, and Commando. I also saw the original Godzilla and Sanjuro for the first time a couple months back and I think those are probably going to join the list

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

tons of movies i can watch over and over and over. i've seen bergman's persona at least 100 times

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I put on headphones and sleep. This is how I 'saw' Hobbes and Shaw.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
When I was younger I used to watch Terminator 2 on vhs, watch it in reverse as I rewind the tape and watch it again.

I rewatch a lot of movies all the time but that's the one that sticks out the most.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I could watch big Lebowski everyday

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Man with Hat posted:

When I was younger I used to watch Terminator 2 on vhs, watch it in reverse as I rewind the tape and watch it again.

I rewatch a lot of movies all the time but that's the one that sticks out the most.

cheering and clapping as arnold gets lifted out of the molten steel

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I watched Commando for the first time since I was kid recently and sweet gently caress does that movie hold up.

It's so ridiculous and so much fun, would highly recommend.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its one of the best Schwarzenegger films of that era but I highly recommend the running man and eraser also

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Commando’s the best of them in my opinion but Running Man’s a lot of fun and has the best Arnie post-kill one-liners

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Maya Fey posted:

there's a handful of movies i watch regularly. like The Thing (1982), Alien/Aliens, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, 12 Angry Men, a few Arnold movies etc. not necessarily my favorite movies, just cosy

throw the Mad Max movies in there and hell same

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I just watched Knives Out twice just to re-watch with the ending spoiled to see what I missed the first time. It's the first time I had done something like that in a decade.

chumskull
Jun 14, 2019

Jenny Agutter posted:

That’s real commitment to film watching dang. Was the point break thing a personal challenge or lost bet or something?

I live on a sailboat and didn't have cable or a computer or anything and it was the only DVD I owned, just got in the habit of throwing it on when I came home from work/woke up everyday. Its helps that it's one of the best films ever made

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
all the godzilla toho movies every 4/20. bad santa 1 and 2 every christmas. ground hog's day every year on my birthday, 02/02/1994.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I think I watched Jurassic Park like 6 times in theaters when it came out. I just couldn't get enough of it.

Whenever I'm talking to anyone I've recently met about movies, I always ask if they've seen The Big Lebowski, and if they haven't I usually try and re-watch it with them. I've seen that movie many times and never mind watching it again.

Also I watched each of the Lord of the Rings trilogy movies (not the Hobbit ones) twice when they came out.

My sister had a habit of watching certain movies on repeat, over and over on her VHS player in college as like a comfort thing I guess. She watched Forrest Gump at least 30 times, or just had it playing in the background. I remember she also watched Zoolander dozens of times easily.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I've probably seen The Waterboy at least around 20 times or so, and it's on TV later so i'll be adding another one.

I do it more with TV though. At one point I had seen Stargate SG-1 so many times over that I could name the season and episode number just based on a very general one sentence summary of the episode/scene. I can still come close but i've been slacking. It gets a lot harder to remember that kind of thing now that autoplay next episode is standard on basically everything so you don't necessarily see the title when you sstart a new episode.

My mom is like this with the Andy Griffith Show. she was home sick from school often enough that even now she can tell you the whole plot of the episode based on the opening scene/lines. As for re-watching films I do it a lot with the ones I really like. It used to be random Bond films or MST3K episodes, now it's Lethal Weapon 1. And probably more garbage scifi if I get around to Flash Gordon tonight.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I love rewatching movies I enjoyed with someone who has never seen it before.

Even alone, I enjoy rewatching films when I’m in the right mood. A good film should have more than enough content to discover new things on a rewatch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ghostwritingduck posted:

I love rewatching movies I enjoyed with someone who has never seen it before.

Even alone, I enjoy rewatching films when I’m in the right mood. A good film should have more than enough content to discover new things on a rewatch.

Sharing a movie you love with someone who you think will enjoy it is probably life's greatest pleasure.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I once had a habit of putting on the big Lebowski on my laptop as I fell asleep. So now I know the beginning of that movie by heart

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

It's so extremely rare that I rewatch a movie, but I'll get drunk and watch Indiana Jones and the last crusade like once a year

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
When i was a kid and Raiders of the Lost Ark came out I saw it in theater with my mom like 12 times. Not entirely sure why. Anyway, just watched it last week for the first time in probably decades and it still holds up. That's my story thanks for reading. God bless.

MrStraightface
Feb 19, 2009
Every time I see The Hunt for Red October on I have to watch it and I don't know why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

MrStraightface posted:

Every time I see The Hunt for Red October on I have to watch it and I don't know why

Everyone singing the Soviet national anthem owns. Also it owns that the movie switches from Russian to English when Sam Neil's character says "armageddon" which is the same in both languages.