Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It sounds like from what he's saying is that the preview weekend for preorders is only on Xbox and PC?

E: Yup

https://www.remnantgame.com/en/news-article/11233383

quote:

Over the past few days we’ve noticed a number of concerns about the pre-order availability of Remnant: From the Ashes on PlayStation®4. Sadly, due to unforeseen circumstances we will no longer be able to deliver the ‘VIP Preview Weekend’ for PlayStation®4 players. Players with pre-orders will still receive the other bonuses when the game launches on August 20.

Sony will be directly contacting players with existing pre-orders on PlayStation®4. Players eager to play Remnant on PlayStation®4 can do so on August 20 when the game officially launches on all platforms. Purchases will be available through the PlayStation®Store when the game goes live in your region.

We have appreciated your patience while we gathered the most up-to-date information on this issue, and sincerely apologize to all players affected by this. We look forward to seeing you all in Ward 13 on August 20!

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Steam preload is now live, I'm currently downloading it :woop:

E: 30Gb

E: and there's a new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH9q784saHI

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Wow, color me impressed. I can see a little jank here and there but that was a very nice trailer.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It looks like a remarkably well put together game for coming out of nowhere and being a budget title. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Bardeh posted:

The Steam preload is now live, I'm currently downloading it :woop:

E: 30Gb

E: and there's a new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH9q784saHI

Holy poo poo, that black hole gun or whatever it is looks rad. Can't wait to start playing this in 9 hours.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
My 15 year old self would be ashamed of my work obligations preventing me from playing at midnight.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Here's a link to the F13 Discord where we already have channels set up for Remnant: https://discord.gg/Jjex67

Might want to put that in the OP.

e: Also, let one of the mods know if you need to be tagged for a specific role as it makes it easier to find people for games without pinging the entire server.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 16, 2019

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I think the download is up on Steam.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 16, 2019

Orv
May 4, 2011
This seems potentially pretty good. My most immediate impressions are "A Spiders game but good" and a remarkably well done set of sound design that is striking in a way I almost never pay attention to in games. Tried to take down a Root Nexus a couple times but it seems like I'm clearly missing some component of that encounter or it's simply not easily doable as a solo player. Will play some more in the morning.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm still awaiting reviews,but I'm unsure on which platform to get this on

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, I'm enjoying this so far. The facial animations are janky but it looks pretty nice otherwise and seems well optimized. I had a run-in with a Shroud and only managed to get it down to half health before it disappeared about 5 seconds later, which was a little disheartening but I'm sure if I rank up my hunting rifle a few more times I shouldn't have too much of a problem with it. Definitely make sure you do a good job of clearing out the area before trying this as it seems to spawn in several enemies.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm still awaiting reviews,but I'm unsure on which platform to get this on

It runs really well on PC and I know that's what several people in the thread are playing it on. You'd at least have a few people to play with who aren't complete idiots that way.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, I'm enjoying this so far. The facial animations are janky but it looks pretty nice otherwise and seems well optimized. I had a run-in with a Shroud and only managed to get it down to half health before it disappeared about 5 seconds later, which was a little disheartening but I'm sure if I rank up my hunting rifle a few more times I shouldn't have too much of a problem with it. Definitely make sure you do a good job of clearing out the area before trying this as it seems to spawn in several enemies.

I fought one of those as my first formal boss. It was... kind of a nightmare encounter. So you have the teleporting archer bits in a multi-level complicated arena, plus it spawns rot clouds on you, plus it does tracking damage pillars that you need to sprint or roll away from, plus there's infinite root grunts mobbing you the whole time.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Can confirm game is good so far. Much more polished than Immortal: Unchained and giving me everything I wanted from a shooty Souls-iablo. Really considering re-starting a world after I finish the first full zone to see how much variation I get. I definitely fought a very different first formal boss than the other two reports ITT; one really nasty melee tank that I won't say more about. It also runs incredibly smoothly on my laptop, easy 60 fps the entire way and animations as smooth as Souls. It probably borrows a bit TOO much from Souls to feel truly original (while also making death almost inconsequential, weirdly enough) but I can't say I mind. I mean, the market's saturated with Diablo-likes, so I'm okay with a very competent Souls-like that also happens to borrow some of the best parts of Diablo.

Now I just hope I can convince some friends to give it a shot.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
This game is awesome as hell. Soulsy as gently caress in all the right ways. It's quite obviously budget in terms of voice acting, writing, and environment design, but it gets it right where it matters - the gameplay. I just beat the first boss The Shroud and it took me about five tries. Just like Souls, it's all about staying calm, dodging poo poo, and getting damage in when you can. The adrenaline was pumping once I finally got it down.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm at work for the next 8 hours :negative:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
A ton of streamers are playing this and it looks REALLY good.

The difficulty also appears to be just the level of Souls-like punishing I wanted while still being hard-but-fair, but not so hard it will kill the fun of your coop session with your friends.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any deals or offers for this right now on PC? Had a look to see if I could get any money off, but I'm not seeing anything right now.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Are there any deals or offers for this right now on PC? Had a look to see if I could get any money off, but I'm not seeing anything right now.

Yeah, same here. I'm also looking for a deal

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does the early access run all the way up to the official launch?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

fadam posted:

Does the early access run all the way up to the official launch?

This question and if you buy it today do you still get access or did you have to buy before it started?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
How is the game as single player to any one that is playing?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

This question and if you buy it today do you still get access or did you have to buy before it started?

Yes, and yes. The release date was basically 5 days early for preorders, but you can still preorder now and get access immediately (unless you're on PS4 in which case you gotta wait until the 20th)

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
This game looks insane especially for 40$

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Bardeh posted:

Yes, and yes. The release date was basically 5 days early for preorders, but you can still preorder now and get access immediately (unless you're on PS4 in which case you gotta wait until the 20th)

So... the game is released unless you’re on PS4
Guess I’ll get it on steam :black101:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Male voice 2 is Lee Everett from The Walking Dead

https://twitter.com/DaveFennoy/status/1148016784789786624

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 16, 2019

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Diephoon posted:

Male voice 2 is Lee Everett from The Walking Dead

The gun first Clem. Always the gun.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

When do I get access to my preorder bonus stuff?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Nope, but in the future you can just check https://isthereanydeal.com/

ZZZorcerer posted:

So... the game is released unless you’re on PS4
Guess I’ll get it on steam :black101:

Yeah, it was supposed to come out at the same time on PS4 but due to some unspecified issue they weren't able to do that.

fadam posted:

When do I get access to my preorder bonus stuff?

As soon as you finish the tutorial and get your gear. You have to select the armors in your inventory to change the skin.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 16, 2019

Miasman
Aug 7, 2011

Oh, you!
This has one of the more aggravating low health screen effects I've seen in while.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Souls comparisons are spot on so far. Literally walked through a fog wall to fight a boss and you camp/teleport between checkpoints which might as well be bonfires. Co-op'd through the early sewer level with 2 other Scrapper bros and only one of us survived the boss, very punishing when you miss a dodge. We wiped a few times before getting to the boss as well. It's easy to die. If we can't have voice or text chat by default they should have at least given us emotes.

Looking forward to seeing other environments. so far the game is extremely brown. The most important think though is that I'm having a lot of fun so far.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 16, 2019

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can you respec your trait points?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

fadam posted:

Yes, but I don't know if they revealed how it works.

https://fextralife.com/remnant-from-the-ashes-developer-interview-with-gunfire-games/

quote:

In souls, there is a more efficient way to build your characters, for example if I want to build this Dex build, I should pick this starting class, in order to not waste any points. In our game you can respec, so it doesn’t matter.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

fadam posted:

Yeah there's an item you can get near the end I think.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game is unbelievably good.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Gorefist :stare:

e: holy poo poo my group died like 10 times

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 16, 2019

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

found the first big lore dump and I'm really digging the hell out of it. What did the devs do before this? This seems incredibly well put together for a first outing at a budget price.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

fadam posted:

found the first big lore dump and I'm really digging the hell out of it. What did the devs do before this? This seems incredibly well put together for a first outing at a budget price.

Darksiders 3 and a VR game loosely based in the same universe as this game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Despite my usual Apathy toward Souls games this is interesting looking. I have an important, but silly question. Is the armor/gear cosmetic or does it have stats? I assume the latter, but I always like it when I can look the kind of cool I want AND have nice stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Despite my usual Apathy toward Souls games this is interesting looking. I have an important, but silly question. Is the armor/gear cosmetic or does it have stats? I assume the latter, but I always like it when I can look the kind of cool I want AND have nice stats.

It has stats and you can upgrade them. Also, if you preorder you get extra skins for the three starting armors.