Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I bit on this despite really disliking the Immortal Unchained and it's much better than that for anyone still on the fence.

That first boss fight was awful with the adds though. How do you summon help anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

The bosses are getting me super-frustrated. Does Singe REALLY need a horde of dudes to help him out?

At this point I'm kind of hoping there will be a Day 1 patch to tone down the adds in some of the boss encounters. It really does feel like the the add spawning is mistakenly scaling for multiple players when fighting a boss solo. I can't even begin to figure out a boss' tells when i'm up to my elbows in a horde of whatever random entourage a boss has brought along.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

There's a nice SMG you can get as soon as you use the crystal the first time that's not randomly placed.

Key card from the founder's desk goes in the card reader below the reactor in Ward 13. There's some good stuff in there and a few environmental puzzles.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

So if I'm reading that dev post about ilevel and scaling correctly, the optimum way to run through the game is to never upgrade anything? All zones will initially be set at your ilev +1 the first time you zone into it so if you're ilev 1 and you never upgrade anything, everything will always be exactly +1 hard. This can't be right, can it?

If true, an optimum strategy might be rolling with unupgraded gear, finding a hard boss and having it kill you (setting its level in stone for that campaign run) and then upgrading your gear just enough to beat it. Repeat for each difficult boss.