Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Just bought and started the game (picked up the DLCs too).

Beat, what I think is the first boss, Gorefist. You really gotta run around in this game compared to a souls one on bosses, my god.

I have my rifle and pistol and I can see that there is a coach gun and shotgun for sale. Are either of these better/more desirable than either the rifle or pistol?

I have three traits right now and I'm not sure how to get more. Should I just use my points in health/endurance/hunter skill for now?

The melee resist attachment I got from gorefist seems somewhat not useful. It seems that you don't want to me in melee range too often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I apparently have to fight Singe now.

Am I better off trying to kill him normally, or should I try to wreck his tail?

My gear is around +4 or +5 atm. Can't make my rifle stronger without hardened iron. This is my first playthrough and I'm still on Earth.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I did the entire game with Coach Gun + the flamethrower gun so kill him in the way that gets you that gun it's amazing. Especially with Cultist set since it regens charges really fast.

How do I get the cultist set?

Some rando joined my game and ran me through the desert world, including slaying the bone king. I got a bunch of weapons but they really don't look better than my hunter rifle or the flame gun.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Evil Kit posted:

I want to say you can buy all the starter armors you didn't pick from the blacksmith dude. Rigs I think? The trait you get with the Cultist start is from a side dungeon on Earth that also gets you the assault rifle.

You're right! I got the gear!

What's another good primary weapon? I'm having a tough time finding something more useful than my hunter's rifle. I have things like the assault rifle, sniper rifle, a devastator, an energy rifle (really low base damage on this) and ruin.

Are any of these worth investing in?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I'm enjoying just joining games with randos and palling around.

I like this game way more than I thought I would, which is fantastic! I have a pile of weapons and some neat armour sets. I really like the cultist set, that heavy set you get from the second world and the Elder set.

I just got the entire Akari set and well, I don't know about perfect dodging. I think I may have accomplished it once?

Does it actually let you move through attacks that hit you? Like I get dodge rolling because of souls games. But this neutral dodge (where your person jumps straight back without rolling) seems to get me killed a lot. Is that the right technique?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I've found these cryptolith things in adventure mode a few times and don't have any way to interact with them.

The wiki says I should have a cryptolith sigil that I received from the Iskal Queen after I give the guardian heart to her. I did this (in the campaign) and I don't have the sigil.

Is this something I specifically have to do in adventure mode?