Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Did a bunch of teams not keep anybody? Was going through the team rosters to see who was kept and there are a lot of teams showing nobody. Just want to make sure that isn't a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Beyond that, something still seems a little weird (though might just be the site). I see keepers when I look at league -> rosters, but when I go to the actual league -> keepers page, it just shows my team with keepers and everyone else has "not selected" for their 3 slots.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
a bunch of teams just didnt keep anyone

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

sourdough posted:

Beyond that, something still seems a little weird (though might just be the site). I see keepers when I look at league -> rosters, but when I go to the actual league -> keepers page, it just shows my team with keepers and everyone else has "not selected" for their 3 slots.

yeah, I see the same thing. Nerve, are you sure everything's ok? The ESPN interface changed this year. It looks like, from my end, that most teams except for me has a few people on their roster but they're not "keepers". But mine are "keepers". See:
https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/keepers?leagueId=835000

image of what I'm seeing is here:

And on the league rosters page, my guys are marked with the square keeper K, but players on other rosters are not. Is this all just a glitch?

In another league that I am commissioner on for ESPN, I set everyone's keepers manually at the LM tools page. It was a real pain to set all the keepers and prices, because I had to set prices separately for every single team (editing one team's keeper at a time). A change for this year on ESPN.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I kept OBJ and Mike Williams and they're still on my roster

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I kept OBJ and Mike Williams and they're still on my roster

when you go to the keepers link that I posted what do you see? and do your guys have little K's in a square (indicating keeper) next to them on your roster?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

pmchem posted:

when you go to the keepers link that I posted what do you see? and do your guys have little K's in a square (indicating keeper) next to them on your roster?

Yep. My roster is empty but those to as expected

Edit: I don't see anyone elses on that link though

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
this is what i see. anyone else run leagues on espn i can make LM lol idk what could be wrong

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I think that the people that selected keepers on ESPN are fine. Not sure why that page doesn't work but you can see the keepers when you look at team rosters.

I'm more concerned that a bunch of people might have forgotten and/or don't realize that the draft is tonight. Seems unlikely to me that that many teams would intentionally keep nobody.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

I DECLARE Stephon Diggs as my lone keeper. I think he will be under $20, but I just got locked out of ESPN for not knowing my password so we'll see.

I believe MC is the Cleveland Bronns. Can you manually give him Diggs?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

thanks, Nerve. must just be an espn display bug for non-LMs.

yes, I agree that some people seem to have forgotten about the league/draft. I guess we'll see if they show up for the regular season. the teams not showing any keepers are:

The Manning Faced God
Clegane's Clangers
Mance Raiders
Cleveland Bronns

Can anyone forum message the owners (I don't even know who owns those teams)? They should've received an automated email the their ESPN account's email address last night. Only Nerve would know if they use another email.

edit: I just forum messaged 3 of those 4; flax does not receive PMs

pmchem fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 18, 2019

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

I believe MC is the Cleveland Bronns. Can you manually give him Diggs?

He'd have to fiddle as LM with the keeper locks and then re-lock all keepers by adjusting the deadline it could be done pre-draft

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i gave him Diggs

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Nevermind, looks good in the draft room!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

sourdough posted:

Nevermind, looks good in the draft room!

In the draft window? I'm seeing my keepers on my roster and I can see everyone's keepers under the Keeper tab.

e: Ninja'd

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

entertaining draft, all.

I don't think I've ever seen autodrafters get outbid so hard by live people, though. Gonna be an odd season for those two teams.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Sorry I missed the draft because gently caress ESPN and their lovely website. It is nice that my AI GM saved us $74 in rollover space for next year though!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I think we should look into switching platforms next season. One where we can trade auction bucks and picks and maybe not have issues with the website

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

nerve posted:

I think we should look into switching platforms next season. One where we can trade auction bucks and picks and maybe not have issues with the website

I'd put forward Sleeper. Just switched a dynasty league over this year and so far I'm in loving love.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

nerve posted:

I still can't login even though it shows my local teams highlighted, and lets me enter the league page before it asks for a password. I guess I actually am going to have to call their customer service. Worst comes to worst, it would be p easy for you to transfer my team to a new account (made by me) right?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
That would be easy, just would need your email

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
That really sucks. What a way to ruin an entire season. Sorry bud :sigh:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Shameless league promotion here. Dynasty Free for all might have a couple open slots. I know some of you dudettes are already in it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896264

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Welp, I wasn't expecting the draft to be until the end of preseason and was on Holiday... Didn't even set my Keepers. Yay.

Enjoy destroying my poo poo team.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Diet Crack posted:

Welp, I wasn't expecting the draft to be until the end of preseason and was on Holiday... Didn't even set my Keepers. Yay.

Enjoy destroying my poo poo team.

Sorry man 😢

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

For the guys who got autodrafted bad teams, I'm sorry, that sucks.

I know nothing can make you feel better but I hope you both stick around. I enjoy leagues where people return year-over-year. Also, since this is a keeper league, there's a chance to build this year via trades and waiver wire to have good keepers next year. The combined price I spent at the draft last season for my keepers this season was $3 (one was undrafted).

Please stay!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

In 24 hours, my Lamar Miller hedge on Gordon/Zeke coupled with Luck retiring has really got me second-guessing my Ricky Bobby draft strategy.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I mean, I would be able to salvage this if anyone has a top 15-20 RB that is their 3rd string or something. But the RB thing is so tight in drafts, so I just gotta take it on the chin.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

I mean, I would be able to salvage this if anyone has a top 15-20 RB that is their 3rd string or something. But the RB thing is so tight in drafts, so I just gotta take it on the chin.

I'll send you an offer so that people can mock it and then it turns out I offered you way too much RB value and the guy carries me to the playoffs.

Because somehow my roster is RB-rich again and I'm always willing to spitball trades.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

pmchem posted:

I'll send you an offer so that people can mock it and then it turns out I offered you way too much RB value and the guy carries me to the playoffs.

Because somehow my roster is RB-rich again and I'm always willing to spitball trades.

man ill never mock anything fantasy related again thats 5sure

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'll mock whoever it was that drafted Andrew Luck for $4 when he's not going to score a single fantasy point this year. Idiot. Utter fool!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I think I've diverted from disaster and managed to field something that could work out:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Anyone need RB depth?

I'll trade (2) of: Kalen Ballage, Ronald Jones, and Damarea Crockett for any (1) WR or RB of greater value than any of those guys.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I just noticed I have the top 2 Browns and Chargers receivers. A solid job by me.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Churning these lovely RBs, ha. Let's hope one of these dudes is this year's Conner :D

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

sourdough posted:

Churning these lovely RBs, ha. Let's hope one of these dudes is this year's Conner :D

yeah, it's a dumpster fire for both of us but I'm happy to trade problems. All of these guys may be fantasy-cut before midseason.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I have baseless hope for ito this season I didn't wanna lose him

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

sourdough posted:

I'll mock whoever it was that drafted Andrew Luck for $4 when he's not going to score a single fantasy point this year. Idiot. Utter fool!

That's me, but I missed the draft. Finally got logged in just now. Dropped him and am running with Stafford and Darnold for now.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

If anyone has some genuine need for WRs and has an extra RB1 or high ceiling RB2 - I will shop Gallup or Edelman or Adams + John Brown - just make me a realistic offer.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Lamar Jackson and Dalvin Cook yet I’m still gonna lose

Welp