Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

madeintaipei posted:

This ain't the thread for it, but gently caress it.

Yesterday, I was thinking about a post you made about having all them animals. How they make their own little noises, how they all got their little rhythms and rituals towards nightfall.

I kinda feel that now, house sitting with two cats and four dogs, all of them rescues from the street or worse. Little things, with all their little quirks, problems, and preferences, together in comfort. Close my eyes and I can visualize what they're feeling just by the sounds they make.

The loud, comfortable snoring of the dumbest shih-tzu around, secure in her day's work of doing srupid poo poo and looking innocent. The huffing and puffing of the chihuahua, still trying to get one over on us all in his sleep. The low whooping of Denver, the dog, dreaming of running after poo poo as he tries to find new and fascinating ways to enter my body through my armpit. Kaydee, the old weiner-pit, farting her way through nap #10 of the day. The most nervous cat in the world doing his best impression of a Yamaha 2-stroke sport bike as he paces back and forth on the couch, stopping to headbutt me every run. The other cat, eating and drinking while no one else is totally awake, one eye on the door in case I get close enough to open it.

Every breath tells a story. Each pad of a foot describes a whole journey. That crunching sound means someone found a way into the trashcan.

❤️

I could type up a buncha words, but I think that will do.

I'm glad you are finding little bits of peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

madeintaipei posted:

Yesterday, I was thinking about a post you made about having all them animals. How they make their own little noises, how they all got their little rhythms and rituals towards nightfall.

I kinda feel that now, house sitting with two cats and four dogs, all of them rescues from the street or worse. Little things, with all their little quirks, problems, and preferences, together in comfort. Close my eyes and I can visualize what they're feeling just by the sounds they make.

The loud, comfortable snoring of the dumbest shih-tzu around, secure in her day's work of doing srupid poo poo and looking innocent. The huffing and puffing of the chihuahua, still trying to get one over on us all in his sleep. The low whooping of Denver, the dog, dreaming of running after poo poo as he tries to find new and fascinating ways to enter my body through my armpit. Kaydee, the old weiner-pit, farting her way through nap #10 of the day. The most nervous cat in the world doing his best impression of a Yamaha 2-stroke sport bike as he paces back and forth on the couch, stopping to headbutt me every run. The other cat, eating and drinking while no one else is totally awake, one eye on the door in case I get close enough to open it.

Every breath tells a story. Each pad of a foot describes a whole journey. That crunching sound means someone found a way into the trashcan.

Can I just say that I love every single word of this post? It is absolutely beautifully written through and through.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
yeah man, that was straight-up beautiful. thanks.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm glad you are finding little bits of peace.

It’s the little things that keep the creeping darkness at bay :unsmith:

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

madeintaipei posted:

I would like to see the Weiner-Pit please.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
*peiner dog

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

madeintaipei posted:

Sir, you've brought a tear to this Wendy's drive-through cashier's eye.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

UwUnabomber posted:

I would like to see the Weiner-Pit please.

If you wanna help me figure out why Imgur doesn't work, I'd be happy to. gently caress it, give me a phone number or email address and I'd give you a picture.

Absent that, imagine a dachshund. Buff in color, wide stanced, standy-upy ears, forehead as wide as it's entire head is long. Short-ish snout, wider nose. Less fat and more muscle. Feels like a stuffed sausage casing. Both breeds have them eyes that search yourn out, so no change in intelligence. Small, but she stands her ground. Impossible to knock over.

Curiously dense. A hungry cinder block with legs.

Only reason I know what she is, is that a buddy of mine in Florida bred them like that.

A good joke. Also, good dogs.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Bro, having to make an imgur makes me irrationally angry. I downloaded the app, but am still being very Dennis Reynolds about making an account so I can post updates to my thread.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
if you are using iphones, venture over to the ios app thread - there's a new ios shortcut that uses postimage and it works great.

imgur doesn't allow ios scripts to upload anymore on their api.

edit: here https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/15384cc1879f4a09a882587231d542ea

edit 2: this adds "postimage" to the ios share menu. once you execute the script it copies your selected url to the clipboard and you can paste it then.

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 9, 2024

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

madeintaipei posted:

If you wanna help me figure out why Imgur doesn't work, I'd be happy to. gently caress it, give me a phone number or email address and I'd give you a picture.

Absent that, imagine a dachshund. Buff in color, wide stanced, standy-upy ears, forehead as wide as it's entire head is long. Short-ish snout, wider nose. Less fat and more muscle. Feels like a stuffed sausage casing. Both breeds have them eyes that search yourn out, so no change in intelligence. Small, but she stands her ground. Impossible to knock over.

Curiously dense. A hungry cinder block with legs.

Only reason I know what she is, is that a buddy of mine in Florida bred them like that.

A good joke. Also, good dogs.

If you don't write, either professionally or for pleasure, please start. Both those posts are art. And thank you.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Silly Newbie posted:

If you don't write, either professionally or for pleasure, please start. Both those posts are art. And thank you.

Agreed.

madeintaipei is a cool and good poster in every interaction I've had with them.

They've also shared several posts that hit me hard, and were more poetry than posting.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Continuing the good vibes, have a funny thing:

https://i.imgur.com/HfqO1Gh.mp4

e: or, uh. have a funny thing once imgur unfucks itself? jesus christ. Here's a direct link.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

The scrambled eggs on the cap puts him at an O-5/O-6.

Yeah, that kinda tracks....

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Plus the command at sea pin...

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
That's the picture to share whenever someone asks what the Marines are for

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
A seaman? with a gun? Ugh. As if!

- Some Noble

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Yeah if things have come down to the CO of the ship pulling out an M4 in combat then things have gone pretty spectacularly off the rails.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
He's just offended at the idea of the Cook being the guy who saves the ship when nuke-napping terrorists take over his vessel.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

What kinda at sea gun shoot has a huge rear end scope? The hell?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Scratch Monkey posted:

A seaman? with a gun? Ugh. As if!

- Some Noble

It's more that the optic is backwards.

Or maybe he's trying to show off by hitting really teeny targets.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I don’t think it’s backwards

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Actually, according to the 2012 documentary film Battleship, ...

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

It absolutely is.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Whatever you say, skipper.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

At least it's not sideways.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Phanatic posted:

It's more that the optic is backwards.

And having a bracing hand on his shoulder to deal with the ~crippling~ recoil of 5.56. :cripes:

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And having a bracing hand on his shoulder to deal with the ~crippling~ recoil of 5.56. :cripes:

Maybe it's for moral support, or perhaps a moment of tenderness between two comrades-in-arms? :colbert:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I thought that was so he didn't fall off the side of the boat.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That's the image right as they're pushing him off the boat

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

“Uh sir your scope is on backwards “

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Punished Ape posted:

Maybe it's for moral support, or perhaps a moment of tenderness between two comrades-in-arms? :colbert:

Do you think love can bloom, even on a battleship?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

What kinda at sea gun shoot has a huge rear end scope? The hell?

I hadn't even noticed that at first because my inner Marine was angry at that lovely posture and chicken winging.

MOVE THE WEAPON AROUND YOURSELF NOT YOURSELF AROUND THE RIFLE!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

pssh the optic isn't on backwards, the image is just mirrored

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Yeah if things have come down to the CO of the ship pulling out an M4 in combat then things have gone pretty spectacularly off the rails.

the CO shouldn't ever be in a situation where he has to use damage control equipment either, but he should know which end of a hose water comes out of

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Negligent discharges are a normal part of commanding a ship.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

Negligent discharges are a normal part of commanding a ship.

New thread title imo

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Saw that picture with the caption "what's wrong with this picture" as the caption, saw it was a navy officer shooting off the side of the ship and was like I ain't got all loving day to find the million mistakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Mistake #1: someone gave a sailor a rifle