Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

vanisher posted:

The Safari guide puts his hand over the microphone and talks to the passenger next to him "sorry sir, what's that?" The man replies "Oh, just a camera. It's Steve's" patting his friend on the shoulder. The guide removes his hand from the speaker "ahead you'll see the wild Camera, known for its many beautiful Steves."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

the entire eugene ionesco play Rhinoceros but nobody in the play can remember what the animal is called, also the play is titled "Ornery Grey Animal (Symbolic for Fascism??)"

ty manifisto

alnilam

magic cactus posted:

No sooner had an image in the safari's wildlife guide caught my eye than a shudder ran through me and I stopped, intent upon the extraordinary thing that was happening to me. An exquisite pleasure had invaded my senses, something isolated, detached, with no suggestion of its origin. And at once the vicissitudes of life had become indifferent to me, its disasters innocuous, its brevity illusory – this new sensation having had on me the effect which love has of filling me with a precious essence; or rather this essence was not in me it was me. ... Whence did it come? What did it mean? How could I seize and apprehend it? ... And suddenly the memory revealed itself. The image was that of the Zoobooks which on Sunday mornings at Combray (because I did not go out before mass), when I went to say good morning to him, the mailman would give me, shrinkwrapped and new-smelling. The sight of the Zoobooks had recalled nothing to my mind before i saw it. And all from trying to figure out what that little burrowing animal was.

lol is this Proust

ty manifisto