Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Ben Nevis posted:

Ooh! I got my first trade request! Mo Sanu for Devin Singletary.

Thoughts?

lol no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I wish I could start more running backs. I've got 5 RBs worth starting, about 1 and a half wide receivers and 0 quarterbacks

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Narrowly managed 6-1 this week. I'll take it. I was within striking distance of a 7-0, but Aaron Jones.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well this week balanced out for last week. 0-7

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Guys. Guys. I won games. That's plural. I still suck. Just less than last week.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Failed to start Stefon Diggs in a game the likes of which he may never have again...

Still went 7-0 :smugdog:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Play posted:

Failed to start Stefon Diggs in a game the likes of which he may never have again...

Still went 7-0 :smugdog:

hi-five 7-0 brother

I'm having my best IBL year to date, currently 36-6. For this week, that's good for first overall in IBL (along with most points scored). I'll take it while it lasts, as I just lost Dissly for the season. Fortunately I have Kittle and Hooper to continue on at TE.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

pmchem posted:

hi-five 7-0 brother

I'm having my best IBL year to date, currently 36-6. For this week, that's good for first overall in IBL (along with most points scored). I'll take it while it lasts, as I just lost Dissly for the season. Fortunately I have Kittle and Hooper to continue on at TE.

In my case I don't think it's sustainable, my team has some large weaknesses that have been papered over by some crazy individual performances and good value on late round running backs. My tight ends and quarterbacks are total garbage and my wide receivers are inconsistent

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

0-14 over 2 weeks loving hell

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
My worst week. Went 2-5. Thanks Matt Ryan!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Play posted:

In my case I don't think it's sustainable, my team has some large weaknesses that have been papered over by some crazy individual performances and good value on late round running backs. My tight ends and quarterbacks are total garbage and my wide receivers are inconsistent

Well this is starting to come true even though I did get incredibly lucky having some opponents score quite low. Left about 40 points on my bench in the form of Stefon Diggs and MVS and only scored ~102 points.

Incredibly, that was enough to go 5-2 and just barely after the Patriots defense again scored like 25 points on MNF. I beat one guy by 2 points and one guy by .18 points

Also managed to add Vance McDonald and added Andy Dalton to my terrifying quarterback group of Kyle Allen and Jacoby Brissett this week, I'm just kind of taking shots in the dark as all my original tight ends and quarterbacks are injured. Having a lot more fun with this now that I can get the live scoring, it's bizarrely captivating to watch your score go up.

There's a Will Fuller available right now to add in waivers, he's been a pretty decent piece for me even if I don't use him every week. Right now he has a hamstring but someone might be interested in stashing him for later.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Play posted:

Well this is starting to come true even though I did get incredibly lucky having some opponents score quite low. Left about 40 points on my bench in the form of Stefon Diggs and MVS and only scored ~102 points.

Incredibly, that was enough to go 5-2 and just barely after the Patriots defense again scored like 25 points on MNF. I beat one guy by 2 points and one guy by .18 points

Also managed to add Vance McDonald and added Andy Dalton to my terrifying quarterback group of Kyle Allen and Jacoby Brissett this week, I'm just kind of taking shots in the dark as all my original tight ends and quarterbacks are injured. Having a lot more fun with this now that I can get the live scoring, it's bizarrely captivating to watch your score go up.

There's a Will Fuller available right now to add in waivers, he's been a pretty decent piece for me even if I don't use him every week. Right now he has a hamstring but someone might be interested in stashing him for later.

I got paranoid about QB, so had Stafford and Minshew waiting in the wings when Ryan died. I notice that even in a circumstance where I can play 4 WR with PPR, I've still maintained my habit of paring back to my best WRs and grabbing any vaguely plausible RB. 4 WR and 7 RB, right down to JD McKissic, just in case.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ben Nevis posted:

I got paranoid about QB, so had Stafford and Minshew waiting in the wings when Ryan died. I notice that even in a circumstance where I can play 4 WR with PPR, I've still maintained my habit of paring back to my best WRs and grabbing any vaguely plausible RB. 4 WR and 7 RB, right down to JD McKissic, just in case.

Stafford's looking pretty strong recently. I've actually gotten pretty good service from Allen and Brissett, better than I had any right to expect really. Would've lost almost all my games last week if Brissett hadn't pulled a 4 touchdown game out of his rear end

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

You know, overall team SA is in third place and near striking distance for second:
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/mb/topic_show.pl?bid=201942007&tid=5565938

If you guys stay on the ball and make sure nobody abandons their waiver / roster moves, a podium finish is a strong likelihood!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i poo poo podiums for BREAKFAST

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Welp, there's my 0-7 week.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Ben Nevis posted:

Welp, there's my 0-7 week.

Congratulations!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Back to 7-0

I'm either one or the other and it's madness

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I went 2-5 this week, actually had more points than my 5-2 finish last week but my opponents mustered a lot of 150 and 160-point scores. Like I said earlier, my team is sick on the inside and wants to come down to earth now

I was relying on Brandin Cooks, who got popped on literally his first catch of the game, didn't bring it in and left with a concussion while Kupp had a record breaking day against a lovely Bengals defense. Sigh. Starting MVS was a poor idea as well, although I didn't have anyone on my bench who would've given me enough points to win more than one more game.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Another 0-7 finish. This league is brutal. Although the injuries before the season started sealed my fate.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Play posted:

I went 2-5 this week, actually had more points than my 5-2 finish last week but my opponents mustered a lot of 150 and 160-point scores. Like I said earlier, my team is sick on the inside and wants to come down to earth now

I was relying on Brandin Cooks, who got popped on literally his first catch of the game, didn't bring it in and left with a concussion while Kupp had a record breaking day against a lovely Bengals defense. Sigh. Starting MVS was a poor idea as well, although I didn't have anyone on my bench who would've given me enough points to win more than one more game.

Yeah, I'm 0-7 with 113 points. I just didn't get to play any schlubs this week.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

You guys still tracking this? I think SA is still in striking distance for the championship, last time I checked.

I am somehow having my best IBL season ever, currently 56-7.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Despite my best efforts 0-7 again

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, 0-7 for me again this week with 100 points. I blame Minshew. And Aaron Jones.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Don't forget to make sure everyone on team SA has valid lineups without people on bye / OUT for the week!
use this link and look for team names: http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=42007&O=06&WEEK=10&F=0067

see also week 9 IBL summary here
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/mb/topic_show.pl?bid=201942007&tid=5576995

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah I think I went 2-5 last week again because my quarterback got injured right away and earned me like 1 point.

This week looks tough too, a lot of guys on bye or injured for me but I still have a decent chance to get a good score

e: and that summary... not exceedingly kind to us. come on troops, put your game faces on or something

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Play posted:

e: and that summary... not exceedingly kind to us. come on troops, put your game faces on or something

This is probably not the time to mention I forgot I was starting Stafford here until it was too late.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Eyyy I actually helped this week (6-1 pending tonight)

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I won 2 games without starting a QB. I probably would have won 4-5 if I'd caught that in time.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

pmchem posted:

Don't forget to make sure everyone on team SA has valid lineups without people on bye / OUT for the week!
use this link and look for team names: http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=42007&O=06&WEEK=10&F=0067

see also week 9 IBL summary here
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/mb/topic_show.pl?bid=201942007&tid=5576995

I wish I saw this two days ago.... :v:

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Oh no! We suck again!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I somehow scored over 100 points for probably the first time this season and won four games.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm at 104 going into tonight with Keenan Allen left to play. Probably winning 4-5 with an outside chance at 6.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Ben Nevis posted:

I'm at 104 going into tonight with Keenan Allen left to play. Probably winning 4-5 with an outside chance at 6.

And Allen kept me alive against Kelce for the 6-1 this week, despite only 125 points. I'm back baby!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, to stay competitive, you need to average 120 per week or above. That’s a good baseline. Keep at it, team!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pmchem posted:

Yeah, to stay competitive, you need to average 120 per week or above. That’s a good baseline. Keep at it, team!

Yeah. It's just luck. I went 0-7 with 113 a couple weeks back. Would have won 3 or 4 wil 104 this week. I was underwater early on averaging 134 as well. I feel like it should average out, and I suppose it does across teams, but man, I seem to get the hard dudes. My PA would be the second highest scorer on our team.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

pmchem posted:

To say I’m disappointed in this layout is an understatement.

I don’t understand how there are barely any trades. This is basically a team based version of scott fish bowl where you can exchange picks.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alfalfa posted:

To say I’m disappointed in this layout is an understatement.

I don’t understand how there are barely any trades. This is basically a team based version of scott fish bowl where you can exchange picks.

Yeah I feel the same way about this.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I sent out tons of offers all over the place first 3 weeks. Didn’t even get a counter on 99% of them and the one I did was basically like Duke Johnson and ARob for Barkley.

I thought trades would be flying around all over the place, especially inner team (still abiding the trade rules) to help build up a better group of teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Trades happen a TON during draft season, but most IBL participants are in several other leagues, so trades fall off in-season.

I haven't received a single trade offer on the IBL site and almost all others on team FS haven't, either. Odds are if you send a trade to active IBL people you'll at least receive a response on site.

As for in-team coordination before the intraboard deadline, well, that's up to the team. Team FS usually fills holes post-draft but pre-season.